Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
17,877 Posts
rankings, yes. accomplishments, no. :)
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,632 Posts
jelenas just giving the belgians props, and i think shes also here making the statement that even if the williams had played the Open they wouldnt be a shoe-in for the final...and i agree! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
713 Posts
I agree totally with SM here. You must admit that the Belgians are giving the Williams a run for their money. Tennis is changing quickly.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,951 Posts
MartinaI said:
I agree totally with SM here. You must admit that the Belgians are giving the Williams a run for their money. Tennis is changing quickly.

No giving them a run for thier money would mean they are both beating them on a regular basis. This has yet to happen.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
15,484 Posts
I just hope that some Williams sisters fans won't start bashing Jelena now :(
I mean, that's how it goes right? Say something good about the Belgians (like the Appelmans compliment about Kim's game) and you'll get bashed :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,539 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
No giving them a run for thier money would mean they are both beating them on a regular basis. This has yet to happen.
since when were you the person who gave meaning to every idiom?

Giving them a run for their money could also mean challenging the sisters. Even though Kim has yet to beat Serena and Venus since the Tour Champs last year, in every single GS match up Kim has had with the sisters, Kim has lead them before losing. And if coming back from a 1-5 defecit and having fight off match points, is not considered a challenge, then I don't know what is a challenge.

And eventhough Justine has only been able to defeat the sisters on clay, Justine has undergone a lot of changes in her life and sure looks to be improving. We don't know what could have happened if Venus and Serena were to play her.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,062 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
No giving them a run for thier money would mean they are both beating them on a regular basis. This has yet to happen.
Since when is that the definition of giving them a run for their money?
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,238 Posts
bram_born84 said:
I just hope that some Williams sisters fans won't start bashing Jelena now :(
I mean, that's how it goes right? Say something good about the Belgians (like the Appelmans compliment about Kim's game) and you'll get bashed :rolleyes:
hmmmmm poor Belgians ;).......well its great Sabine saying something GOOD about Kims game but she insulted Serena :( thats what i dont like :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: i mean why diss someone else just to make a personal fave of yours look good ;)

i agree though, i hope Jelena doesnt get a lot of shit about those comments
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
27,238 Posts
shap_half said:
let's see Serena and Venus turned Pro @14
Justine and Kim turned pro @ 17

Hmmm
yes so lets give Kim and Justine some more slams and titles huh? ;)

they also play more than the Williams......NOT THEIR FAULT, just like the age rule was NOT VENUS AND SERENAS FAULT :rolleyes:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
20,884 Posts
shap_half said:
let's see Serena and Venus turned Pro @14
Justine and Kim turned pro @ 17

Hmmm
So what's you point?

The Williams sisters have more Grand Slams individualy than they Belgians do together and still will regardless of the outcome of this tournament.

If I were Jelena Dokic, I'd worry about the fact that I used to be number four and are now 22 in the world than about the sisters who are top five, one of whom has been top five since 1998.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,398 Posts
:tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:Jelana :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape: :tape:
 
1 - 20 of 69 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top