• Belgium

Votes: 4 25.0%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Japan are the slight favourites in my opinion as the home advantage will serve them well. A team that will not feature clijsters and maybe not flipkens, will perhaps haved to rely on van uytvanck or hendler for the second singles, as well as the fact the japanese are expected to be comfortable winners in the doubles

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Flipkens will most likely play ;)
Yanina should win both singles, but Belgium might lose the rest :sobbing:

·
Registered
76,526 Posts
Japan will have? Morita, Date-Krumm, Fujiwara and Aoyama?

Im guessing thats the line up.

If Kimiko is consistent and it gets to 2-2, surely Japan will win the doubles with Aoyama/Fujiwara.

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Japan will have? Morita, Date-Krumm, Fujiwara and Aoyama?

Im guessing thats the line up.

If Kimiko is consistent and it gets to 2-2, surely Japan will win the doubles with Aoyama/Fujiwara.
Fujiwara/Morita are the dubs team
They will probably also put in nara

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Yanina probably won't play. It's played on HC right in the middle of the clay season and of course it's a very long trip...

·
Registered
34,578 Posts
Nara has more talent than Aoyama or the Sema sisters, but she's had a bad time with injuries which is affecting her game. Her straight sets Fed Cup win over Rampre in February might still give her a place in this team, though I hope she's feeling fit.

Hopefully Ayumi is feeling better now. Although you wouldn't believe it if you read GM, she WAS injured against Muguruza Blanco in Miami, she withdrew from Charleston and Kuala Lumpur, so I hope she's fit because Japan desperately needs their number one here.

Would LOVE to see a Japanese victory! Ganbatte!

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Yanina probably won't play. It's played on HC right in the middle of the clay season and of course it's a very long trip...
She always plays FC though :eek:

·
Registered
17,321 Posts
Belgian Fed Cup team announced today.
Clijsters not playing of course, also no Yanina :(
Team will be: Flipkens, Hendler, Van Uytvanck, Mestach.

I guess that makes Japan the heavy favorites now :(

·
Registered
37,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Belgian Fed Cup team announced today.
Clijsters not playing of course, also no Yanina :(
Team will be: Flipkens, Hendler, Van Uytvanck, Mestach.

I guess that makes Japan the heavy favorites now :(
A bagel is likely

·
Registered
1,046 Posts
Flipkens is injured (they found 4 blood clots in her calf). 17 year old Ysaline Bonaventure replaces her.

Well, congrats on your 5-0 win Japan!

·
Registered
50,589 Posts
Belgium :sad:
I'm really surprised Wicky won't play. She always plays Fed Cup. I don't think she's ever missed a tie and last year she played on hard during the clay season :shrug:. But then again this time is in Japan and I guess she needs to be careful after all th einjuries shes had :sad:

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
went to watch the tie yesterday.

both games were closer than the scores.
Ayumi and Kimiko won crucial points... but Kimiko... oh boy... she can play good tennis. Her skills are really amazing. Her style is very unique and really fun to watch.
I've seen her playing during her 1st career... Her service got much much better (still has space to improve tho), her angles are amazing. She's better at net now, and much much much stronger mental now.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts