Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Like most Venus fans, i was utterly disgusted this morning. I just watched the first and second set and could NOT watch the last set when i forwarded on my DVR and i saw 6-1. I don't know what happened to Venus but from what i hear she was tired.

Then i read the Jankovic interview and i am so glad that this is the woman venus lost to. Such a great person and tennis player and so sympathetic and honest.

IF Serena doesn't go through Justine (which i don't think she will) then i'm firmly on Jankovic's side. I just hope she cuts down on the melodrama of line questioning coz that's what cost her her first grand slam last year.

Also NO ONE is talking about Maria sharapova but i have to say i am impressed with what i've seen so far. We all know she's not Vicario but her game looks surprisingly solid. The thought of her pushing Justine in the final flashed through my mind at some point when i was watching some of her earlier matches.

Later.

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
I actually agree. Although, I have to admit, I was not upset or disgusted that Venus lost this match. She wasnt the favorite to win this match. She had lost the last two times to Jankovic. Venus did well to go three. If she was tired, it means she needs to work on her fitness more.

I think Jelena is a wonderful girl, she is very sweet and always says nice things about Venus and Serena. My hope is that Venus gets a nice draw at Wimbledon. I still have faith in her. Everyone that says she is washed up has no clue what they are talking about. Washed up players do not constantly push the top players to three sets. If Venus could just secure a good win, or two, she would be back.

·
Registered
18,112 Posts
nice, positive contribution to the board. too bad you had to bring Justine into it and say that you wanted jelena to beat her but I guess that is not so bad to say after all

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
This thread is a couple of days too late. Now this is just hypocritical of you. And tumbleweed was a joke, but it shows how "positive" you VW fans really are today.

·
29,998 Posts
This thread is a couple of days too late. Now this is just hypocritical of you. And tumbleweed was a joke, but it shows how "positive" you VW fans really are today.
Its hardly a couple of days too late. The thread starter complimented Jelena on her nice interview etc. The thread starter was talking about today. And I'm not a Venus fan.

·
Registered
6,822 Posts

your post just show how "arrogant" some Jelena fans have gotten. If you do not have a positive contribution, you should'nt be in here period but you are to stupid seeking attention to get that. Ok JELENA won today, not you..do you think you deserve a prize or some accolades for that? :tape:

·
Registered
9,303 Posts
It was a tough third rd, considering who the other top players are playing in this rd. It was going to a tough loss for either one. venus coz i really want to see her hit form and i would love to see JJ good form pay dividends.
Venus has gonbe several tournies now uninjured, that is a big plus!!

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
your post just show how "arrogant" some Jelena fans have gotten. If you do not have a positive contribution, you should'nt be in here period but you are to stupid seeking attention to get that. Ok JELENA won today, not you..do you think you deserve a prize or some accolades for that? :tape:
And have YOU lost against Jelena? Or Venus was? Funny how this "peace offer" is coming after Venus loss, following by you badreping me just seconds after I posted that picture which was meant to be a joke. Highly hypocritical, at least from you. Had Venus won, you would be gloating all over the place.

·
29,998 Posts
And have YOU lost against Jelena? Or Venus was? Funny how this "peace offer" is coming after Venus loss, following by you badreping me just seconds after I posted that picture which was meant to be a joke. Highly hypocritical, at least from you. Had Venus won, you would be gloating all over the place.
Why would you do that though? It's just stupid, the thread starter created a great thread. To stop the hatred between the Venus and Jelena fans.

·
Banned
1,014 Posts
Why would you do that though? It's just stupid, the thread starter created a great thread. To stop the hatred between the Venus and Jelena fans.
Because it was funny (at least to me) that this thread had only one reply after ~30min on this very busy board. And it was a joke on JJ-fans account too. But later discussion only shows how touchy VW fans are today. Not that I blame them.

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
Because it was funny (at least to me) that this thread had only one reply after ~30min on this very busy board. And it was a joke on JJ-fans account too. But later discussion only shows how touchy VW fans are today. Not that I blame them.
lol craigs no even a venus fan

if your gonna have a go at venus fans and least use an acual venus fan as an example godd

and good idea thread starter but u didnt have to start tlkin randomly about henin lol

·
King
28,860 Posts
Venus's serve was so much better out there today but she needs to work on her return game for Wimbledon, just too many wild one's :(

1 - 18 of 18 Posts