Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 154 Posts

·
Snitch
16,148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
...You all need to give it some time...let the girl win a slam or two before you start making fun of great champions...and the fact it...you will all be crying in your Serbian flags when she lose in Paris...Give a little respect to greats of the games and give your girl a chance to earn her dues...:(

Reactions: Elleke

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
...You all need to give it some time...let the girl win a slam or two before you start making fun of great champions...and the fact it...you will all be crying in your Serbian flags when she lose in Paris...Give a little respect to greats of the games and give your girl a chance to earn her dues...:(
I don't think fans of any player should get on fans of another outside of some light humor. Yeah right, like that's ever gonna happen.

But when fans of said great champion start railing on Jankovic, I suspect because of her 2 straight close wins over said champion, I can see why Jelena's fans might get a little bit disrespectful. And if Jelena does well at RG, and if Ms. great champion goes out in round 1, will you be crying in your flag?

·
Registered
52,365 Posts
You noticed that too!

Jankovic fans are getting a bit too cocky...

·
Registered
27,962 Posts
On fairness, it is really only one so called Jelena fan that is acting "cocky" and "making fun of great champions" as you put it.

·
Registered
7,318 Posts
Jankovic made me to tears once...Wimbledon 2005....whatever she does at RG i know she'll make as proud...as long as she doesnt do one of her favorite chokes....We cant be more proud of her and Ana as we are now. They made a small country like Serbia have 2 players in top8....Thanks for that JJ and Ana :)

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
Jankovic made me to tears once...Wimbledon 2005....whatever she does at RG i know she'll make as proud...as long as she doesnt do one of her favorite chokes....We cant be more proud of her and Ana as we are now. They made a small country like Serbia have 2 players in top8....Thanks for that JJ and Ana :)
Even if she "chokes" against one of the better players I still don't think there's any huge shame in that. I'd prefer she doesn't choke to someone like Santangelo again though :lol:

·
Administrator
29,116 Posts
Understandably so. She is the form player going into RG.

Of course, anything can happen, but I think she is going to do really well at the French

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
These so called in-form players never win RG. I think Jelena MAY be on her way to a great career, but she aint winning RG. Neither is Venus

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
I'd say about 99% of Jelena fans don't kid themselves to the level that's being portrayed here. Sure, she has an outside chance at RG but in all likelihood will probably not win it. I'd say the % of Venus fans kidding themselves that there's a high possibility she'll win RG is a bit more than 1%, but all I know is what I see on this board's threads.

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Venus fans are holding on to Wimbledon '05. It's time to let '05 go & live in the present. Our girl was a great champion but with the new challenges on tour is too stubborn to revamp her game & get help.

·
Registered
47,995 Posts
...You all need to give it some time...let the girl win a slam or two before you start making fun of great champions...and the fact it...you will all be crying in your Serbian flags when she lose in Paris...Give a little respect to greats of the games and give your girl a chance to earn her dues...
Jealousy is such a bad thing !!!

:hug:

·
Registered
17,211 Posts
Cam'ron, you've gotten to the point where you're obcessed about Jankovic and now you really don't have anything to back up your posts.

I understand that maybe she isn't the prettiest girl on the tour.
I understand that maybe her accent isn't the most appealing.
I understand that maybe her work ethic isn't the best.

I've been there, in fact I was one of the first one on this board making negative comments about Jelena 2 years ago.

At the same time, I've looked passed it to see that she is one of the most entertaining girls on tour now and we need to support her as much as possible if women tennis is going to continue to be a powerhouse in the future.

She is one of the complete players on tour.
She's always trying to engage the crowd into her matches.
She has a funny side and a grumpy side.

You need a player like her on tour, someone that might have a polarizing effect with her on-court personality.
Just let the Jelena fans have their fun, you can go I told you so after the French, well if you have enough time considering Jelena will be right back on the court 4 to 5 days later.

Reactions: predrag and Bruno71
1 - 20 of 154 Posts