Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 472 Posts

·
5,032 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
"99% of male tennis players can't stand women's tennis. There's no other sport with such a big disparity concerning level of play and the money women make. A friend of mine says that a woman who wins a Slam should only earn enough money to pay for her airplane ticket home. Who knows what else I would say if it wasn't for Ana and Jelena whom I may consider friends. But of course, I appreciate the effort they're putting into tennis, because I know they practise as hard as I do. [...] The way women think on court cannot be compared to men. Their only strategy is 'hit the ball where your opponent isn't.' Nothing more! No 'Put more spin on the ball, this is an important point, play to her backhand'. No way! [...] It's that such kind of tennis works today. Look at the Williams sisters, Sharapova or Ivanovic who hits the ball like a truck on steroids. I get a bit critical when I see how much the women earn and how their opening rounds go. That's what irritates me the most, I feel like going to WTA HQ and *something* all of them. Look at Federer who is so dominant, he has to work so hard to beat a Staracce or an Almagro, he may even lose a set and then look at Sharapova or Ivanovic who lose 3 games in the first 4 rounds. It makes me sick".

:eek:

·
-
26,864 Posts
Janko said this :eek: :eek:
What an idiot :weirdo:

Reactions: Dodoboy.

·
Registered
16,482 Posts
where did he say this?

·
Registered
6,215 Posts
I can't believe he would diss his own country woman.
its a matter of principle
women get 100% for 60% of the work
plus their viewership + ratings stink too

why should ana or jelena be any factor in it

·
Registered
111 Posts
Janko. :yeah:

Reactions: tequila

·
Most Loved Member
11,182 Posts
:haha: What a misogynist.

·
Registered
1,991 Posts
"99% of male tennis players can't stand women's tennis. There's no other sport with such a big disparity concerning level of play and the money women make. A friend of mine says that a woman who wins a Slam should only earn enough money to pay for her airplane ticket home. Who knows what else I would say if it wasn't for Ana and Jelena whom I may consider friends. But of course, I appreciate the effort they're putting into tennis, because I know they practise as hard as I do. [...] The way women think on court cannot be compared to men. Their only strategy is 'hit the ball where your opponent isn't.' Nothing more! No 'Put more spin on the ball, this is an important point, play to her backhand'. No way! [...] It's that such kind of tennis works today. Look at the Williams sisters, Sharapova or Ivanovic who hits the ball like a truck on steroids. I get a bit critical when I see how much the women earn and how their opening rounds go. That's what irritates me the most, I feel like going to WTA HQ and *something* all of them. Look at Federer who is so dominant, he has to work so hard to beat a Staracce or an Almagro, he may even lose a set and then look at Sharapova or Ivanovic who lose 3 games in the first 4 rounds. It makes me sick".

:eek:

ROFL Janko need to learn how to win matches before he can speak about level of play of men or woman (that's of course if he said this). Plus using Starace and Almagro as people to take set of top players is freaking hilarious.

Foxy

·
Registered
11,023 Posts
well kudryatseva and zheng took sets(defeated) Maria and Ana..what's his point?:shrug:

1 - 20 of 472 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.