Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
she has had a pretty darn good singles career, nearly cracking the top 30 in singles in early 2003, and being a seed at the asutralian open. why does she not play more singles? every time she plays in a singles qulaifying tournament, she gives top 100 payers challenges and even gets wins!

do you think she is capable to play more singles events? and should she play more?

·
Registered
578 Posts
Janette has had a lot of injury problems in the last few years, particularly with her knee. I'm not sure that she would be able to compete fully in singles and doubles without risking further problems.

·
Registered
10,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
she nearly beat rezai at zurich or stugart last year like 06 62 76(7) i believe!

·
Registered
10,842 Posts
She has been pretty consistent in doubles with Meghann and they seem to get a little better each tournament.

But I just don't think she has any more singles life in her at least in WTA events.

Injuries probably have taken its toll and if she can keep going deep in doubles draws she could still play a few more years and make some decent money.

·
Banned
14,999 Posts
i miss Dementieva/Husarova team :sad:

·
Registered
16,654 Posts
I remember Husarova playing againts Sanchez Vicario in her last official match in the Fed Cup :sad: :sad:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts