Tennis Forum banner

2201 - 2220 of 2284 Posts

·
Registered
18,446 Posts
She won 5:7, 6:2, 7:5 against #229 Paquet for her first singles semifinal since Tokyo International back in mid-September of 2017, and a jump of another 20 spots or so up the rankings to roughly 315.

Great stuff Jana :yeah:

P. S. For the final, she'll fight unseeded Kalinskaya, #180. Sure looks like a chance...

·
Registered
18,446 Posts
In other news, Jana has drawn Lemoine (#227) in QR1 of Nürnberg, but I'm guessing she'll now pull out as both matches are scheduled for tomorrow.

It's a shame she'll have to skip a WTA event, now that she is finally picking up some form (or at least looks that way).

·
Registered
50,681 Posts
60k SF ! :bounce:

But that means she will miss the WTA Nürnberg Quali :sad:

·
Registered
851 Posts
Finnaly able to win close third and also nice result.
She desperately needed some confidence. As unstable as she is, still this ranking does do her any justice. She is way better. Hoping for a Bol WC.

She can play both rounds of Q on Sunday, but I think she will probably make the final

·
Registered
18,446 Posts
Maybe she just ran out of gas a bit, after 5 matches in a row. It's been a while since she played that much at a single event.

Still, a much better showing here than any of us expected, so kudos to her.

·
Registered
18,446 Posts
Jana was suppose to play the last match on CC today, but the one preceding hers is stuck at equal terms in the second set and it's just started to rain. As it's almost 9 PM local time, I'd say she won't be coming out on court today...

·
Registered
18,446 Posts
Potential jinx here, but she won S1 6:4 vs. Maria after saving BP's at 3:4 down.

No perfect tennis being played (5 breaks in 10 games), but I'm still very much enjoying it 🙂

·
Registered
18,446 Posts
My goodness, she won!!!!!

6:4, 1:6, 6:4 against a player who might not the a born claycourter, but is still at #71 in the world. Jana's best win in a long while.

Right now I don't care about the match quality or her next opponent honestly, as this win is a huge thing for Jana at this point in her career.

So happy for her :smile2:

·
Registered
18,446 Posts
Later today she'll face #194 Kawa for a place in the QF.

Scared to even think of how big this chance is considering the level of event and all.

2201 - 2220 of 2284 Posts