Who is the best??
Who is more agressive??
Can you describe me their game??
Tell me anything about them please!!
Thanks!

·
College Tennis/Team USA expert
9,324 Posts
i asked ashley to be my friend on myspace....i dont think she let me...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Re: Ashley Weinhold or Jamie Hampton???

Wow, I just found this but anyways...I can't tell you who is best either since we still haven't played eachother in a tournament for awhile only practice. We've also had some interesting doubles matches together...but we won't get into that. Jamie is a big hitter even though she says she doesn't hit the ball that hard, but believe me she smacks it. She loves ripping her backhand, but has a strong forehand as well. Serves big at times and has good hands also. I'd win the slice and tweener war though :)

p.s. sorry if i didn't approve you as a friend on myspace, try again

·
9,324 Posts

oh wow....hi ashley!

·
Registered
454 Posts

Lol these two played doubles together. I saw more of Hampton's match against augustine and then kirkland. I missed Ashley's match against alves. I also saw their doubles match. Not sure if they won or not, but they were playing the #2 seed. They seemed to work well together, and both seemed VERY comfortable at net. and ashley's hit some amazing LOB volleys off of HARD and LOW volleys. pretty amazing. I'd say they would've won easier if they got more points off their returns

·
9,324 Posts

ash turned 18 today!!!

·
Registered
251 Posts

Where is Jamie Hampton? Ill never understand some of the Usa girls schedules. The 10 Ks have been week perfect place to add some points. The 50 K qualifying draw this week is bad also. Where are u Jamie???

·
9,324 Posts

its ok jamie....take youre time!

·
Registered
17,908 Posts

Jamie's playing in Lawrenceville, but she caught a bad break with the draw - she faces Sunitha Rao, who's on fire lately. It'll be a tough challenge, so she can't hold back -- go all out and you'll get her, Jamie! :armed:

·
Registered
9,993 Posts

Went to Lawrenceville and saw Jamie hit with Melanie Oudin and she was hitting very well! :yeah: her volleys needed a little work but looks hopeful.

Ashley lost her qualy match today and did not look good whatsoever, she was everywhere, and racquet throwing as well. She hit cleanly then she would hit an error.

She won her doubles qualy with Wozniak, it must have been their first time ever seeing each other and they on in three 3-5,4-0,4-1 over the wildcard pairing of Alexis Coats/Julia Courter

·
Registered
17,908 Posts

Jamie didn't get a WC for Hammond, :( but as 10th alt., I hope she'll show up there anyway. There's a chance she could still make the qualy draw, and if not, she could still try to get into the doubles -- or at least she'd be around a lot of decent players to hit with. :D Good luck, Jamie!

Ashley did get a QWC. :)

·
Registered
17,908 Posts

She got in! Here's her first-round match:

(5)Agustina Lepore (ARG) v Jamie Hampton (USA)

Good luck, Jamie!

·
Registered
17,908 Posts

Jamie and Ashley both won today in Hammond. :) Jamie's match must have been pretty dramatic -- she fought back from a 1-6 first set, taking the 2nd set in a tb and then cruising in the 3rd, 6-1. What a great recovery, Jamie! :hatoff: Agustina's a pretty good player, too.

·
Registered
17,908 Posts

Ashley qualified. :) Tough draw, though -- she faces top seed Shuai Zhang in r1. Bring all your weapons, Ashley! :armed:

Jamie lost yesterday, but is in the MD as a LL, and she fared better in the draw: she'll face Nanda Alves in r1.

1 - 20 of 1443 Posts