124K views 1K replies 91 participants last post by  rucolo 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Who is the best??
Who is more agressive??
Can you describe me their game??
Tell me anything about them please!!
Thanks!

#2 ·
i asked ashley to be my friend on myspace....i dont think she let me...

#3 ·
Re: Ashley Weinhold or Jamie Hampton???

Wow, I just found this but anyways...I can't tell you who is best either since we still haven't played eachother in a tournament for awhile only practice. We've also had some interesting doubles matches together...but we won't get into that. Jamie is a big hitter even though she says she doesn't hit the ball that hard, but believe me she smacks it. She loves ripping her backhand, but has a strong forehand as well. Serves big at times and has good hands also. I'd win the slice and tweener war though :)

p.s. sorry if i didn't approve you as a friend on myspace, try again

#4 ·

oh wow....hi ashley!

This post has been deleted
#7 ·

Lol these two played doubles together. I saw more of Hampton's match against augustine and then kirkland. I missed Ashley's match against alves. I also saw their doubles match. Not sure if they won or not, but they were playing the #2 seed. They seemed to work well together, and both seemed VERY comfortable at net. and ashley's hit some amazing LOB volleys off of HARD and LOW volleys. pretty amazing. I'd say they would've won easier if they got more points off their returns

#9 ·

ash turned 18 today!!!

#13 ·

its ok jamie....take youre time!

#15 ·

Went to Lawrenceville and saw Jamie hit with Melanie Oudin and she was hitting very well! :yeah: her volleys needed a little work but looks hopeful.

Ashley lost her qualy match today and did not look good whatsoever, she was everywhere, and racquet throwing as well. She hit cleanly then she would hit an error.

She won her doubles qualy with Wozniak, it must have been their first time ever seeing each other and they on in three 3-5,4-0,4-1 over the wildcard pairing of Alexis Coats/Julia Courter

#16 ·

Jamie didn't get a WC for Hammond, :( but as 10th alt., I hope she'll show up there anyway. There's a chance she could still make the qualy draw, and if not, she could still try to get into the doubles -- or at least she'd be around a lot of decent players to hit with. :D Good luck, Jamie!

Ashley did get a QWC. :)

#21 ·

from the Dothan Eagle:

Hampton happy to be home
By Jon Johnson

Saturday, Apr 19, 2008 - 11:40 PM

Jamie Hampton is back home, sort of, today as the seventh annual Movie Gallery USTA Pro Classic women’s tennis tournament begins at the Westgate Tennis Center.

It’s on these Dothan courts that Hampton had many successful matches as a junior tennis star while growing up in Enterprise.

“I have a lot of good memories here,” she said. “I absolutely love it here.”

Now 18, Hampton has called Auburn home for the past five years, though she actually spends the bulk of her time living in Atlanta while training at the Racquet Club of the South.

While she’ll be testing her skills against the professionals at the Pro Classic as an invited wild-card entry, Hampton keeps her amateur status for now as she continues to hone her skills in the quest to one day be a regular on the pro circuit.

“I love it that much that I would want to turn pro one day,” Hampton said.

Once she graduates high school this year, Hampton will eventually have to decide if she’d like to play first on the college level or turn professional.

As for now, she tries to soak up as much as she can from each pro opponent — whether its during a match or a practice session.

“At this level, everyone is competitive and each match is valuable (to learning),” Hampton said. “A lot of them will give a lot of advice and we’re a pretty close group.

“There are a lot of different styles out there, so you’re able to get a feel for everything.”

Hampton has struggled with several injuries over the past year, including a strained right shoulder last summer which kept her out of action for three months. Some pain in her lower back is also been bothersome, though Hampton says she’s feeling much better physically now.

“It was hard hitting overhands when I first came back, but I’m feeling good now and taking better care of my body,” Hampton said.

She’s played six pro tournaments this year, including participating last week in Palm Beach, Fla., where she made the second round of the qualifying draw.

As for today, Hampton doesn’t have any specific goals going into her qualifying match.

“I just want to go out and do the best I can and compete well,” Hampton said.

http://www.dothaneagle.com/content/...px.-content-articles-DEA-2008-04-19-0018.html

#23 · (Edited)

MD r1:

Jamie Hampton USA d. Di Zhao CHN 36 62 62 :banana:

Jamie needs to win some of these main draw matches just to get a ranking again, so it's great that she rallied back from a tough start to win this one. :hatoff:

She next faces top seed Alexandra Mueller, so that will be a real challenge for Jamie, but then she's got nothing to lose so she can go for broke. Seize the day, Jamie! :armed:

#24 ·

:woohoo:

#25 ·

Jamie Hampton def. Alexandra Mueller 64 62 :dance:

simonsaystennis' report on the match:

"Jamie's serve was on fire and just playing really well. Alexandra was getting pissed. Her incessant complaining to the chair was a bit annoying though. After the match Jamie came up top to watch Liz Lumpkin play doubles and I congratulated her. She seemed really nice and happy." :)

Next up: 6th seed Angelina Gabueva. Take it to her, Jamie. :D

#26 ·

:woohoo:

#28 ·

Jamie won 6-4 6-2. And she has turned pro btw. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.