Tennis Forum banner

61 - 80 of 249 Posts

·
creo en la diosa ♥ Sveta ♥
67,911 Posts
hehe,easier than expected ;) I like this result.This is the way you should go into the next 2 matchs Jamea :D

Tucker,have you ever seen Jamea play live? I ask you this because she doesn't seem to have a lot of supporters for the moment (I know this will change when she'll climb in the rankings :D ),I was wondering how did you get to know about her?

I read some interesting articles about her and decided the girl was worth my support.She also looks very nice which is important for me.I also watched a tv report where she was briefly shown as one of the possible Venus/Serena heiress (that would be too much to ask in my oppinion),where she was featured with Angela Haynes and I since love both of them.She also seems like a very hard-working girl,another good quality in my eyes.

Well and if someone else wants to talk about Jamea's experiences,don't hesitate to do so! It seems like only tucker & I are talking here in the last times.

Good luck Jamea for your next match,sweetie!!!!:bounce:

·
Registered
24,776 Posts
veronika said:
hehe,easier than expected ;) I like this result.This is the way you should go into the next 2 matchs Jamea :D

Tucker,have you ever seen Jamea play live? I ask you this because she doesn't seem to have a lot of supporters for the moment (I know this will change when she'll climb in the rankings :D ),I was wondering how did you get to know about her?

I read some interesting articles about her and decided the girl was worth my support.She also looks very nice which is important for me.I also watched a tv report where she was briefly shown as one of the possible Venus/Serena heiress (that would be too much to ask in my oppinion),where she was featured with Angela Haynes and I since love both of them.She also seems like a very hard-working girl,another good quality in my eyes.

Well and if someone else wants to talk about Jamea's experiences,don't hesitate to do so! It seems like only tucker & I are talking here in the last times.

Good luck Jamea for your next match,sweetie!!!!:bounce:
I had read about her and followed some of her results and then at the US Open last year I recognized her and asked her for an autograph. She was so nice, she smiled and said "Hello" and she took some time to give me the signature. I liked her before but now I like her even more. In addition, she is one of the only bright American prospects for the future so she needs some support. I hope that she keeps up her great play for the rest of 2005 :D

·
Registered
24,776 Posts
Jamea just won her second round in qualifying against Ozegovic, 6-4, 6-2!!!! One more win and Jamea is in the main draw!!!! Go Jamea!!!

·
Registered
24,776 Posts
Jamea won her final qualifying match for Wimbledon, defeating Viktoria Kutuzova 7-5, 6-2, now she is in the main draw where she can hopefully continue her grass court success!!!

·
67,911 Posts
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: good win!!!! That was the kind of news I was expecting from Jamea ;) Well done,girl! Now let's cross fingers for a good placement in the final draw so she can go even further :D

Thanks for sharing your cool story Tucker :D Sounds very nice.

·
Registered
24,776 Posts
Jamea plays Marta Marrero in the first round of Wimbledon, a very winnable match considering Jamea's form lately, and if she wins she would probably face Davenport in the next round

·
67,911 Posts
Jamea got past Marrero without big troubles 6-2 6-3 win for our girl.Great start in the main draw!!! :bounce: I just hope she's not too tired and can go further...

GO JAMEA!!!!

·
Banned
376 Posts
A great learning experience to meet Davenport in the 2nd Round.

·
67,911 Posts
Teen sensation Jackson thanks Richard Williams

BY CHARLES BRICKER

South Florida Sun-Sentinel

WIMBLEDON, England - (KRT) - Richard Williams, Venus and Serena's father, was in the stands and that, said 18-year-old Jamea Jackson, was a major emotional boost.

But you can put down Jackson's first Wimbledon victory indeed, first Grand Slam victory to her own maturity and improved play.

She's funny. She's upbeat. She's the daughter of former NFL cornerback Ernie Jackson. And her grin after this opening day victory over Marta Marrero, 6-2, 6-3, was wide enough to puff out her cheeks. It also earned her very possibly a Centre Court match against the No. 1 player in the world, Lindsay Davenport, on Wednesday.

"I was shaking when I went out to play today," she said. "My hand was shaking. But I played pretty well." She paused, then issued the well-known cliche. "It doesn't get much better than this."

In her case, it does get better. She's playing Davenport next in front of perhaps 14,000 people and, being an underdog, she's going to have some fan support.

This victory wasn't a complete surprise. Jackson, who lives in Sarasota, recently began working with Bradenton coach Roy Coopersmith and her game is showing more consistency. She's staying in the points when she finds herself in a defensive position and she's striking the ball very cleanly.

In the last three weeks, she's 11-2, including three qualifying wins her without the loss of a set. One of her wins is over No. 53 Maria Kirilenko of Russia.

At 5-foot-5, Jackson is finished growing, but she's done a good job in the weight room and her speed showed up as an advantage several times in this match.

"I once visualized myself playing Venus Williams on Centre Court," she said. She'll be busy in the next 24 hours re-visualizing Davenport.

·
Registered
565 Posts
Where is Jamea Jackson?

She has not done anything since Wimbledon where she was making some good progress and moving on up the rankings. I know she was playing World Team Tennis so thats why she missed a few weeks but the WTT season is over. I believe she is at 89 right now but she's much better then that. I think if she gets a good draw before the year is over she could be close to top 50 by the end of the year. She has proved that she can beat top players. I just hope that she is not injured or sick or anything like that. Im guessing that since she has been playing pretty regularly since the beginning of the year that she is taking some time off which is good. I do want to see her at the US Open though.

Has anyone heard any news on her lately?

61 - 80 of 249 Posts