Tennis Forum banner

781 - 800 of 807 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
I wonder if she was considering a Birmingham WC along with Venus? They stayed in Paris way longer than I expected.

Not thrilled the injury seems to have prevented her playing.
That's why, as a fan, I actually appreciate Patrick being so candid about her knee. Because I would be scratching my head otherwise wondering why Serena isn't playing and seemingly choosing to go to weddings and galas over entering tournaments. I just hope she can get to a point where she can manage whatever is going on and this injury wont eventually end her career.

If I were Serena I would take great solace in how the RG draw fell apart. So long as she fights and gives her all in her current match, anything can happen.

·
Registered
9,390 Posts
My feeling is that this season might be a bit of a wash. With her getting some match play in here and there. Probably with decent runs at W and the USO.

I think she will make her move next season after she gets healthy.

Of course I will be happen to be proven wrong and see her win W in a few weeks :lol:
I'm hopeful. I mean, you didn't expect your last fifty tournament threads to flop dead, and they did :hearts:

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Mad that Queen Konta punched Mahogany Brokenus out of Rome with a swiftness not three weeks ago?
Eeeew, I’d rather stan Crackiati and Handin before Konta.

·
Registered
7,978 Posts
Bad personality needs to keep Serena’s name out of his mouth. Go back to polishing your runner-up plates and “fooling” us with your beard.

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
Thiem said sorry..

https://www.sport1.de/tennis/grand-slams/2019/06/dominic-thiem-schlaegt-nach-aufreger-mit-serena-williams-bei-french-open-doppel-vor

Thiem rudert zurück

Offenbar hat der 25-Jährige seinen Groll mittlerweile aber runtergeschluckt. Bei einem Presseauftritt in Wien am Dienstag machte Thiem einen ungewöhnlichen Vorschlag - und hatte die Lacher auf seiner Seite. "Ich würde gerne als Wiedergutmachung ein gemischtes Doppel in Wimbledon oder New York mit Serena spielen."

Thiem fliegt wegen Williams aus Presseraum

Rückblickend hielt Thiem außerdem fest: "Wahrscheinlich war es nicht Serenas Fehler. Ich finde ihre Leistungen unglaublich, sensationell. Im Nachhinein ist es lustig, dass so ein organisatorischer Fehler bei einem Grand-Slam-Turnier vorkommt", sagte der Weltranglisten-Vierte. Dass das Thema so große Wellen geschlagen hat, verstehe er allerdings nicht, so Thiem.
wants to play Mixed now with Serena :lol:

·
Premium Member
19,674 Posts
Bad personality needs to keep Serena’s name out of his mouth. Go back to polishing your runner-up plates and “fooling” us with your beard.

Man, fuck Thiem. All that backlash Serena got for something she didn't even do and you went right along with the narrative. I'm so glad his ass lost. Ugh, ridiculous.

·
Registered
3,711 Posts
Hmm let me take these receipts to PV....

OMG Prince Thiem redacting his BP claims?! Let me uncancel him then.
"A bit sorry." He needs to kneel in front of Serena on CC, apologize, and swear fealty after all his foolishness.

·
Registered
84,951 Posts
781 - 800 of 807 Posts