Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 807 Posts

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The last time I opened the Roland Garros draw was in 2015. She won that year. I'd called the thread: Jamais Deux Sans Trois so now it's gotta be Jamais Trois Sans Quatre.

·
Registered
698 Posts
Oh wow :eek:

The sexism, racism and blatant double standards :help: Kyrgios just got disqualified (again). He received three violations (warning, point penalty, game penalty), he called the umpire a piece of sh*t and threw the player chair across the court. In addition to that, he also dragged Djokovic and Nadal in a podcast yesterday and said that Djokovic is desperate for everyone to like him and that he will never be his GOAT :)spit:) and that Nadal is the polar opposite of him (Kyrgios) and that is is extremely salty every time he loses to him. WHAT THE ACTUAL FUCK? :hysteric:

And after all of that (and countless other things in the past), people are STILL going out of their way to make excuses for him. The mental gymnastics are insane. Serena called Ramos a "point thief" and and was canceled immediately by people everywhere, calling her a disgrace to the sport, calling for her to be banned, a man, steroid abuser, etc.

I can't.

·
Registered
161 Posts
If she feels like she's over exerting herself, I can see her withdrawing and saving her energy for a big push at Wimbledon. I would rather she play it out though.

I hope she gives it her all the next couple of weeks, this is a pretty big moment. I don't think she'll ever win the USO again unfortunately, too much mixed history there.

·
Registered
7,006 Posts
I actually believe Serena can do it. Granted we gonna need some help. We gonna need that knee to hold up. We gonna need to weather to cooperate. We dont need a redux of 2016. I need it to be dry and warm in Paris. And we gonna need a little help with the draw. Speaking of which when does it come out?

·
Member of Rena's Army
16,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I actually believe Serena can do it. Granted we gonna need some help. We gonna need that knee to hold up. We gonna need to weather to cooperate. We dont need a redux of 2016. I need it to be dry and warm in Paris. And we gonna need a little help with the draw. Speaking of which when does it come out?
I think it's Friday the 24th.

·
Registered
84,953 Posts

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Chip! :hearts:

4 pics below:
http://instagr.am/p/BxmQiswIiwA/ and one more + 2 videos here:
http://instagr.am/p/BxmfNXNiqnu/ So it would appear she wore the same sleeve we've seen before to warm up, but hid it (or possibly went without) while practicing in front of the public. Just have to hope the issue isn't structural and it's more a matter of pain management, since she's continuing to practice & prep for RG. :scared:

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
She may have to physically grit and grind her way through this. Much like last year, I feel that she’s mentally dialed in.

1 - 20 of 807 Posts