Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
18,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Deserves a cheering thread, our best junior prospect 16+ along with Rosie Cheng.

Up to career high 87 on the junior rankings :cheer: Made a G2 final in the Netherlands, then made a G1 Semi-in the G1, she beat Katerina Zvatska 6-1 6-0...and this Zvatska girl straight setted Aussie Priscilla Hon in May :eek::worship:

She has been travelling a lot, and I think she has some sort of a link with the coaches in Hilton Head, has got WC's to the 10K there.

There is some promise for her, as Mana said :)

·
Registered
18,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Didn't get selected as player for the All-stars 16/u tourney even though she is the best 16/u player in NZ atm :unsure: Guessing the way she travels around the world, but doesn't get selected for things like these means she and Tennis NZ haven't got a great relationship?

·
College Tennis/Team USA expert
9,324 Posts
She's trained at Smith Stearns in Hilton Head, btw :)

·
Registered
18,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^I guessed she trained there, saw a few articles about her and Hilton Head. Thanks, do you know the club and/or her? :)

Lost in the first round of G1 Canadian Open Junior Championships, 1-6 4-6 to Pedraza (JUN #123) :awww: Clay is more her surface I think.

Is playing doubles with Destanee Aiava though :eek: Nice team, hope they do well :cheer:

·
Registered
18,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Got a BYE in first round for doubles, and won her 2nd round match with Destanee 7-5 6-3 against a decent Russian girl and some random American :yeah:

Playing Swam/Robillard-Millette next round :scared: I don't think Jade has ever played players of this rank or caliber. Hope she and Destanee do well for themselves :cheer:

·
Registered
18,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Beat the junior world #4 and #5's in doubles :hearts::worship: Go Jade and Destanee! :hi5: A close one too, 5-7 6-3 [14-12] :eek:

Into the semis, and I'm hoping they can take the title :D

·
Registered
18,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Lost in the semis 2-6 6-3 [7-10] :hug: Pity they couldn't capitalize on their big win, but still a good week! :yeah:

Not sure where too next for Jade. Junior schedule is random so I'll just wait and see where she pops up.

·
Registered
18,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Completely forgot about USO juniors :lol: Only made the connection with her playing when I saw a girl called J.Lewis on the live score app :lol:

Luckily she lost in doubles, otherwise she'd have to W/O from Q, as she already had her match put off by one day.

She also won her first match as 12th seed, 7-5 6-2, beating Whitney Ouigwe :cheer: Next round against Anastasia Detiuc, the 4th seed, for a place in MD :eek:

·
Registered
18,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lost her QFR to 4th seed Anastasia Detiuc 3-6 1-6 :awww: Still held to her seeding, and won a round :yeah:

I hope she's playing doubles :unsure:

·
College Tennis/Team USA expert
9,324 Posts
Jade signed to play college tennis at LSU. This program can be big in a year or two with the players they're bringing in.

·
Registered
18,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Still a great showing. Cheng came so close as well, 6-7 6-2 2-6. If she'd got the first set like Jade she have won :awww:

Even Carswell did ok in her second set.

·
Registered
11,428 Posts
Still a great showing. Cheng came so close as well, 6-7 6-2 2-6. If she'd got the first set like Jade she have won :awww:

Even Carswell did ok in her second set.
Yeah, Cheng did well. Should have won in straight sets. Carswell did better than expected.

Fed Cup will be interesting next year if NZ can select Erakovic, Cheng and Lewis. Maybe someone like Ivanov for the forth spot.

·
Registered
76,624 Posts
Yeah, Cheng did well. Should have won in straight sets. Carswell did better than expected.

Fed Cup will be interesting next year if NZ can select Erakovic, Cheng and Lewis. Maybe someone like Ivanov for the forth spot.
this year :p

Yeah, NZ could definitely come out of Group 2 this year with a team of Erakovic, Cheng, Lewis and Ivanov. Hopefully they avoid the likes of Indonesia, HK and Philippines in the groups.

·
Registered
18,512 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
NZ has a good little crop of juniors, I'm quite excited :lol:

Ivanov would be great for a fourth spot, a good experience. And Kev, tbh Marina with a decent dubs player like Cheng could beat those three teams. Might even be 4-1 if Cheng or Lewis could grab a win in one their ties.

Due to injuries and unfortunate events (like Marina's hotel floor slip) NZ has languished below it's rightful place and I hope they get back into group 1 where they belong :)

1 - 20 of 54 Posts