Tennis Forum banner

41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
54,074 Posts
Re: JA Roland Garros Junior Championships, France

Win the title, Maria Camila Osorio Serrano ! :cheer:

I saw Snigur. Her game with her strong, flat, powerful groundstrokes is better suited for hard court and grass than clay I think. While her groundstrokes are fluid and beautiful to watch, her serve is weak and must be improved. Also Snigur must improve her fitness.

·
Registered
24,843 Posts

Win the title, Maria Camila Osorio Serrano ! :cheer:

I saw Snigur. Her game with her strong, flat, powerful groundstrokes is better suited for hard court and grass than clay I think. While her groundstrokes are fluid and beautiful to watch, her serve is weak and must be improved. Also Snigur must improve her fitness.
I saw a quote from Daria in one of the ITF recap articles where she said she hated clay, so she agrees with you :lol:

“I hate clay courts,” admitted the 17-year-old, who lost in the first round of qualifying in Paris last year. “I play Roland Garros because it’s my first time in the main draw, which is much more comfortable than qualifying. But I love grass, and then hard courts.”

https://www.itftennis.com/news/306168.aspx#dtFDT3kIuhEGtTrV.99

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Fernandez vs Navarro in the Final. It should be a good one.
2nd final in a row for Fernandez :worship:
Has not lost a set so far

·
Registered
15,489 Posts

impressed with Fernandez game so far, she seems READY to the pro tour already even if her serve still a weakness

wish her to win it all, she has great talent:)

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

impressed with Fernandez game so far, she seems READY to the pro tour already even if her serve still a weakness

wish her to win it all, she has great talent:)
She can give trouble to many good players already.
Here are 4 pro matches against good players that she lost, but gave a good fight in at least one set

4-6 1-6 vs Vondrousova
6-2 3-6 4-6 vs Boulter
4-6 5-7 vs Watson
1-6 4-6 vs Andreescu

·
Registered
8,595 Posts

Congrats Leylah for winning this Slam Title without losing a single set and without needing a tiebreak. :worship: 6-3 6-2
Navarro has to improve on her mobility. She is too slow moving in any direction. Leylah could have won this much easier if she had made fewer UE.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts

Fernandez seems to have a game that could be very good and improve. We should be hearing about her making noise as a pro very soon.

Navarro needs to lose a little weight and get a little faster.

·
Registered
8,595 Posts
Hats off to Leylah's parents and her lil sister. :worship:
The father (of Ecuadorian descent) is like the father of Serena and Venus, training his daughters himself even though he was previously a soccer/football coach. The mother (of Filippino descent) works full time to finance what tennis Canada wouldn't or couldn't pay about the training and traveling to events. The sister and training partner (Bianca Jolie Fernandez) hopes to become just like her big sister.

A 13 minutes documentary in French about the Fernandez family.
https://ici.radio-canada.ca/sports/podium/139/leylah-fernandez-tennis-wta-famille-floride-documentaire

·
Registered
54,074 Posts

·
Registered
54,074 Posts

41 - 50 of 50 Posts