Tennis Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So,if Maria would beat her compatriot while Serena beat Justine,Maria will replace Justine from world NO.1!:bounce: :bounce:

·
Registered
771 Posts
So,if Maria would beat her compatriot while Serena beat Justine,Maria will replace Justine from world NO.1!:bounce: :bounce:
shouldnt if be replaced with or? I think if Maria makes the semi she will be Number 1 no matter what.

·
Registered
10,890 Posts
shouldnt if be replaced with or? I thought if Maria makes the semi she will be Number 1 no matter what.
Nope, she would have to outpace Justine at RG. i.e. if Maria wins and Justine is runner-up or worse, if Maria is a finalist with Justine a semi-finalist, if Maria is a semi-finalist with Justine a quarter-finalist...

·
Registered
27,793 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
shouldnt if be replaced with or? I think if Maria makes the semi she will be Number 1 no matter what.

not exactly,if justine moves into final while Maria stops in SF,Justine is still NO.1.

so,if Maria want to replace Justine,she must go further than Justine

·
Registered
771 Posts
Nope, she would have to outpace Justine at RG. i.e. if Maria wins and Justine is runner-up or worse, if Maria is a finalist with Justine a semi-finalist, if Maria is a semi-finalist with Justine a quarter-finalist...
ok thanks :)

Hope Maria and Serena win today;)

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Thats pretty amazing, I noticed that too and I remembered she was out for along time :)

·
Registered
5,816 Posts
Allez Juju :p!!

·
Registered
12,762 Posts
wow so if maria beats chakerz... shes the world number 1! cmon maria!

·
Registered
6,017 Posts
been like that since R1. Justine or Maria needs to be 1 round further than the other in order to take the lead.

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Masha deserves 2B #1 again for winning mainly on guts Sunday and keeping the QF round crime free. :angel: (Though I worry for Chaky in terms of the Career Conman's influence). :(

·
Registered
227 Posts
Wow! Congrats Maria! I hope she'll make it to #1 again!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts