Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't seen much of Dokic this year because she never makes it to TV coverage. But living in Canada, I got to see this match. Dokic played a good looking match. A lot of winners, a lot of errors. The thing that impressed me most is that she had a good attitude. I'm not wondering if the pressure maybe got to her, because I remember last year she got cranky on court very easily.

And she looks thinner then before. I think she's been working out. She said before the match she's been working on her serve...and it shows. Her second serves were pretty hard, flat and deep.

If this continues, I see no reason why Dokic can't be top 10 again.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
yea she looks thinner

she played great considering the year shes having. hopefully she can string a few wins together here b4 the Open

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,292 Posts
:tape: Congrats Dokic..

If she could cut down her errors, I don't see why she shouldn't be back in top 10

Nice effort by Angie :worship:

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
2,023 Posts
She played really well tonight! That's the first time I've got excited watching Jelena, my lovely Jelena, playing for a long time!!!!

And congrats to Angelique as well, first time I've seen her and I was impressed!

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,292 Posts
Petersmiler said:
She played really well tonight! That's the first time I've got excited watching Jelena, my lovely Jelena, playing for a long time!!!!

And congrats to Angelique as well, first time I've seen her and I was impressed!
Great to know that oyu are impressed by Angie :worship:

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
im sorry but i never have been impressed by Angie :tape:;)

i guess i just like attackers

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,292 Posts
Sweets_SJW said:
im sorry but i never have been impressed by Angie :tape:;)

i guess i just like attackers
;) Sweetheart, it's okay, so long as you love me :p

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Good win, and a highly entertaining match. GO JECCA!

·
Ferosh Warrior ♥
53,292 Posts
dava_russianrule said:
Good win, and a highly entertaining match. GO JECCA!
I assume that you were impressed by Angie too ;)

Say yes, and I will love Tamie

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
Jelena kicked ass. Angie didnt know what to do with Jelena's hard hitting strokes. Jelena, yes she did hit quite a bit of unforced errors, BUT she hit way more winners. Jelena was serving very well, im actually shocked at how good she was serving

·
4,007 Posts
Yes she won and it was joy to watch for a while.

Couple of notes:
It might be that Angie is just incredible game reader, but gosh how many drive-volleys Jelena hit right in to the Angies hands. Good thing however was – she put all those smashes and volleys in. It's improvement over clay court season clearly.

So few double faults from Jelena's side – good to. Actually she served very well.

And have you EVER seen Jelena applauding after opponents good shot. I'm stunned - in good way of course. ;)

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
I was really impressed with her energy level and the fact she seemed like she wanted to be there.

·
2,950 Posts
Jelena applauded Angie? wow :)

anyways, 33 winners and 25 errors from Dokic in this match.

How was her serve?

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
Go Jelena! :woohoo:

·
Banned
16,998 Posts
G does SUCKED and LOSTED!

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
she is thinner. i liked the way she looked before.

good win jelena!

·
Registered
11,084 Posts
Well I was really impressed with her play today...
Really fall for her game again, but she needs to be more consistent... she hurried sometimes

1 - 20 of 25 Posts