Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
She is at NCH #4 and no player can’t run behind her now!

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Amanda is a complete joke getting dismantle left and right by every single top player she plays. Has not beaten a top player all year and only reached 2 quarterfinals at 2 small tier 3 events. Mess

·
Registered
20,526 Posts
Amanda is a complete joke getting dismantle left and right by every single top player she plays. Has not beaten a top player all year and only reached 2 quarterfinals at 2 small tier 3 events. Mess
At least she’s winning more matches these days compared to earlier on in the year. There has been a slight general improvement.

·
Registered
Q Wang, Kontaveit, Badosa
166 Posts
Krej and barty do this thing when they have a good run. It looks like they’re not at their best early on. In reality, they’re only playing as well as they have to in order to get the win 😭.

·
Registered
6,903 Posts
bar none, Krejcikova is the most consistent women’s tennis player
I think it has a lot to do with her being in her very first big season (breaking top 20, top 10 and now even top 5). These players seem to be constantly hungry and ready to prove themselves, winning each match they can and taking much of each opportunity. Similar examples would be Jankovic in 2007/8, Kerber in 2012/3, Pliskova in 2016/7 and many more. But once you get the going, once you reach the top (not necessarily #1), you realize that it is just a sport, a bad day does not equal a bad career so if things do not go your way, you may slow down a bit, go home and rest. With time comfort becomes what you would seek - you would give your best when you feel it, not actively look for it.

Similarly Krejcikova has this inner feeling now, desire to prove herself, especially as she is breaking in singles older than she should be doing it and wants to live as much as possible this season and gain as many wins as she can.

Reactions: Perun and Aga-esque

·
Registered
4,971 Posts
Whenever we have a comically open horrible draw Barbie K is here to take advantage of it !i don’t even have to watch the match I know Amanda was horrible .
What an icon .
No , but for real , wta is seeing the worst season of all time , letting a girl who can barely run and hits her DTL’s in the doubles alley (like she’s used to ) win consistently .

·
Registered
117,398 Posts
Definitely a contender. I am very interested to see how this 1000 plays out
Very few players left have won anything big. She has one very big one, like Swiatek

·
Registered
Azarenka Kenin Ostapenko Badosa
855 Posts
This is a bad loss for Anisimova. If she'd like to make bigger waves on the WTA Tour, she should be winning these types of matches.
At times it feels that she would have the game to do it... then she cannot deliver when it matters in a match.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Anisimova has been promising some years, but so far it has not been possible to make a breakthrough.

1 - 20 of 60 Posts