·
Registered
54,549 Posts
Still another upset! Kleybanescu def. Bluber (1) 7-5, 7-6

:eek: :worship:

·
Registered
32,967 Posts
Re: IW R1: Niculescu/Kleybanova def. Bluber 7-5 7-6(6)

The upsets are happening again :woohoo:

But of course it's to a team I like :rolleyes::mad:

Liezel :sad:

Reactions: Jojo_

·
Registered
32,266 Posts
Re: Still another upset! Kleybanescu def. Bluber (1) 7-5, 7-6

This tournament is a joke now.
Every team can win it if they want to.

·
Registered
32,967 Posts

Team names :woohoo:

I wanted to start a thread with those exact names but I was scared of people getting mad :lol:

Bluber :hug:

·
Registered
760 Posts

Monalisa :hearts:
Great victory!

Reactions: Elisse

·
Registered
2,085 Posts

3 party crashers to go along with Nuria/Maria Jose in the QF

·
Registered
2,085 Posts
3 party crashers to go along with Nuria/Maria Jose in the QF

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,475 Posts
This was actually a 2nd round match.

And the defeated team wasn't just any seeded team but it was easily the best team in the world. How good are Black and Huber. In the last year they have won 10 titles. No one has won more than 5 in the singles game. They have won 68 matches despite doubles draws always being much small than singles draws. 68 matches. That is more than even Jankovic or Zvonereva have won in singles in the same period. Black and Huber are one tough team.

Basically what I am getting at is this is simply a tremendous victory for Monica and Alisa. The biggest of either of their careers doubleswise by a mile.

This should take Monica into the top 30 in doubles and I actually expect her to keep rising into the top 20 pretty quickly from here. Monica is going to be one of the best doubles players of the next 10+ years and this is just an opening sign of what is in store.

I am very happy with result. :bounce:

Well done girls. :bowdown:

·
Winner
14,940 Posts

Monica :eek: :worship: :woohoo: and Alisa :yeah:

Easily the biggest win of Monica's career ever, singles or doubles. WD Monica :bowdown:

I'm upset for Cara/Liezel though :sad: but they never usually play this tourney so no big loss for them. Of all the big tournaments, this one is by far their worst one. Cara is now 9-10 here and Liezel is 7-7. Both have only been to the QF one time each.

·
Registered
32,967 Posts
This was actually a 2nd round match.

And the defeated team wasn't just any seeded team but it was easily the best team in the world. How good are Black and Huber. In the last year they have won 10 titles. No one has won more than 5 in the singles game. They have won 68 matches despite doubles draws always being much small than singles draws. 68 matches. That is more than even Jankovic or Zvonereva have won in singles in the same period. Black and Huber are one tough team.

Basically what I am getting at is this is simply a tremendous victory for Monica and Alisa. The biggest of either of their careers doubleswise by a mile.

This should take Monica into the top 30 in doubles and I actually expect her to keep rising into the top 20 pretty quickly from here. Monica is going to be one of the best doubles players of the next 10+ years and this is just an opening sign of what is in store.

I am very happy with result. :bounce:

Well done girls. :bowdown:
They're not the best.

First of all, there is the Williams.

But also, there are many teams who beat them, but don't play together often enough or consistently. Bluber is the consistently best team, but not the best.

·
36,475 Posts
They're not the best.

First of all, there is the Williams.

But also, there are many teams who beat them, but don't play together often enough or consistently. Bluber is the consistently best team, but not the best.
Ok, fair enough. The Williams Sisters would be even better, on the rare occasions they play. But the Williams sisters are still very much a part time team. Heck in the last year they only played four events. Black and Huber are certainly very much the best team that are regularly part of the doubles tour.

Whatever. This was a huge win for Monalisa. :)

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
Well done young girls :bounce:

I can just imagine how mad the mad woman was to lose this match :haha:

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
as doubles team, I recon, you mean? otherwise, Alisa would probably argue with you :p

·
36,475 Posts
as doubles team, I recon, you mean? otherwise, Alisa would probably argue with you :p
Please do explain....I did say doubleswise. I don't have any idea what you are talking about. Prior to this event Kleybanova's WTA doubles career has been quite mediocre. She can a career record on the WTA tour of just 15-19. The only other notable win by Kleybanova as a doubles player on the tour was when she beat Sugiyama and Morita, also with Niculescu. I also checked to be sure, but Kleybanova has never played doubles in Fed Cup either. Nor has she had any success in mixed doubles.

I can only assume you are refering to the three Junior Slams she won in doubles. But if you think that is as big as beating the number one team on the WTA tour then all I can say is I beg to differ.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts