15,781 Posts
Tsvetana :weirdo: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
114,720 Posts
Our next #1, the sixth in less than a year

AP
2009-03-13

Dinara Safina, of Russia, returns a shot from Tsvetana Pironkova, of Bulgaria, during their second-round match at the BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament, Friday, March 13, 2009, in Indian Wells, Calif.

·
Registered
47,716 Posts
People had no problem with her while she was winning all those matches last year but now that she is so close to #1 they are freaking out. Typical response I suppose, and understandable. I fully expect her to lose to Peng anyway.

·
Registered
7,668 Posts
Davai Dina!;)

Reactions: goldenlox

·
Banned
10,668 Posts
People had no problem with her while she was winning all those matches last year but now that she is so close to #1 they are freaking out. Typical response I suppose, and understandable. I fully expect her to lose to Peng anyway.
It's Dinara Safina, Greg. I and most others would have this same reaction with anyone if they weren't a slam champion, and I'm including Elena on this for me personally.

When I thought about it again, her results are better than Jelena's upon reaching #1, but I've put Jelena in a class above Dinara for so long, it's hard to think differently now.

And please, Peng is so done.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
12,720 Posts
Tzveti :hug: Pity couldn't convert a set point :sad:

·
Registered
47,716 Posts
It's Dinara Safina, Greg. I and most others would have this same reaction with anyone if they weren't a slam champion, and I'm including Elena on this for me personally.

When I thought about it again, her results are better than Jelena's upon reaching #1, but I've put Jelena in a class above Dinara for so long, it's hard to think differently now.

And please, Peng is so done.
Safina lost to Razzano :tape: :tape: :tape: so she can certainly lose to Peng.

Her results are very respectable for a #1 and she has been so good for so long. The only problem someone could have is that they are still seeing Dinara as that fat, useless player from a year and a half ago that screamed all the time and never got any press coverage.

·
Registered
114,720 Posts
AP
2009-03-13

Dinara Safina, of Russia, serves to Tsvetana Pironkova, of Bulgaria, during their second-round match at the BNP Paribas Open tennis tournament, Friday, March 13, 2009, in Indian Wells, Calif.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts