Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
3,544 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Didn't hear much about this interview so I thought I'd share.
The video:

Or rather the original instagram link for the interview:

An article about this interview if you don't want to watch the whole thing:

Nice to hear from Ivanovic! :)
Interesting stuff, such as the players who gave her the biggest fight, which match she would like to replay if she had the chance and so on.
Apparently she still has pain in her knee even now when she runs.

·
Registered
31,264 Posts
Apparently she still has pain in her knee even now when she runs.
It's easy to forget how unforgiving tennis really is if it's played at the professional level. The physical pain and sun damage must be brutal.

It's why I don't understand Murray's desire to keep on playing. His body is broken and yet he refuses to retire and enjoy his time with his wife and three kids.

·
Registered
15,580 Posts
interesting reflection on the pova match, i don't think think pova played that well in the SF and F, she didn't need to. ana was mentally off and JJ couldn't move.

·
Registered
935 Posts
omg that was sooo entertaining and funny and interesting!!!! thanksssss

·
Registered
54,069 Posts
Reactions: danieln1

·
Registered
15,580 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
The biggest sweetheart ever on the WTA. As much as I wish her to try and make a comeback, it is so nice to see her truly happy and enjoying her life as a wife, mother and role model. Bless her!

Reactions: Triggervic

·
Registered
1,678 Posts
The biggest sweetheart ever on the WTA. As much as I wish her to try and make a comeback, it is so nice to see her truly happy and enjoying her life as a wife, mother and role model. Bless her!
Agreed. I miss her a lot but she seems so happy with her life at the moment. I’m glad she’s adjusted so well to her post tennis life.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Wish Ana went with Nike instead of Adidas’s ugly outfits, they make her looks flat chested and hide her bony curves

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,070 Posts
She mentions kuznetsova, pliskova and patty schnyder as hard to play against, but forgets Justine Henin. Who absolutely destroyed her every time. 0-6. Only 1 3-setter. lol.

·
King
28,659 Posts
She mentions kuznetsova, pliskova and patty schnyder as hard to play against, but forgets Justine Henin. Who absolutely destroyed her every time. 0-6. Only 1 3-setter. lol.
Well, she was never the brightest...

Schnyder and Kuznetsova were two of the players she used to always get in her draws and beat up on back during her peak. Actual tough opponents for her would have been those who completely owned her during those years - Serena, Venus, Henin, Clijsters - players who were really bad match-ups for her - Dementieva, Azarenka - or someone like Sharapova whom she had a lot of high profile tight matches against (although I’m certain she didn’t say this because she just hates/is still jealous of Maria).

1 - 20 of 22 Posts