Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Banned
1,093 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Despite losing two of her first three matches of the new season, former No. 1 Ana Ivanovic believes she is still in the hunt for the Australian Open title. Ivanovic, who reached the 2008 Australian Open final before falling to Maria Sharapova, took a 7-6 (5) 6-2 loss to Lucie Safarova in the opening round at Sydney. "I feel my game is still there,” she told reporters. "I have lost but it gives me time to go to Melbourne with plenty of time to tune up a few things I had a good off-season and I just want to try and keep at it. It would be great to have a result straight away but sometimes it's a process and it takes time."

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=15676&zoneid=25

·
Registered
48,578 Posts
fake confident

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
17,091 Posts
where does she say she believes she's a contender?

Don't make something of nothing pls.

·
Registered
882 Posts
Yet another innocent statement blown completely out of proportion. Nowhere does she say that she expects to do well in the AO.

·
Banned
4,220 Posts
Leave poor Ana alone! :sad:

·
Registered
32,010 Posts

Remember...BELIEVE!!!

Reactions: aloeball

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
I swear Tf members make faker headlines than any other site.

·
Premium Member
11,130 Posts
is this a joke?
took my friend to watch ana and also dokic on CC yesterday live....he wanted to walk out of the ana match LOL he said every shot was bad from her

·
Registered
17,213 Posts
Why are those 3 sentences so important for you to start a thread about it? There's a proper subforum where you can post this "interview", but it's too irrelevant to be posted anywhere.

·
Keep calm and be gay.
51,304 Posts

·
Banned
1,524 Posts
^ Yeah I agree with Mary Cherry Like I said on the last thread Land26 You gotta read the articles that come from tennis.com before posted them

·
Registered
2,676 Posts
Where does it says she believes she is an Aussie contender? An example of creating a misleading headline to get clicks.

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Ivanvovic hasn't been a contender in four years she's got an inconsistent serve and not the nerve of a champion. She's got some variety but she fails to use it. Ivanovic's game is a bit one dimensional she just can't seem to come through with the big win.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts