Tennis Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
181,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/tennis/3029607.stm
Former Wimbledon champion Goran Ivanisevic has accepted a wild card invitation to next month's Stella Artois Championships.

He will be joined by Richard Krajicek, who will be making his debut at the Queen's Club tournament, held between 9-15 June.

Ivanisevic has been injured for most of the last year, hinting he may retire after this summer's Wimbledon.

But despite pulling out of the French Open with a foot problem, he has decided to make his 11th appearance at Queen's.

"Usually I play very badly at Queen's," said the Croatian, who lost the 1997 final to Mark Philippoussis.

"But it's a great tournament, a nice club, they really take good care of you, and there are always a lot of people that come to watch.

"I like to play there and I always hope I'm going to do well, but it doesn't happen. I made the final one year - I don't know how, but I did."

Ivanisevic and 1996 Wimbledon champion Krajicek will join Lleyton Hewitt, Tim Henman, Greg Rusedski, Andy Roddick and a host of other big names contesting the event.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Yes! :bounce: Good luck Goran! :) May your luck finally turn around! :kiss:

·
Registered
5,330 Posts
Woohoo :bounce:

Queens will have a great field this year. And it should be on Eurosport, as far as I remember :)

·
Premium Member
181,839 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll miss all this event, cos i'll be in Birmingham

unless it rains there :mad: (it better not) so i can see this on TV.

·
Registered
33,292 Posts
Goran :) Richard :)
I think those two are the best for the wild cards :)

·
Registered
2,172 Posts
Eurosport and BBC will both broadcast I think. Too bad I'll miss it.

I remember Marat's interview in Queens 2000 :) First time I heard that cute accent.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts