Tennis Forum banner

21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
If it was rigged, it was a bad investment because it´s a boring replay that nobody cares anymore and worse, If Venus somehow gets the win, we´re denied to see a more interesting rival for Coco and her improvements. I doubt Venus wins a set though.

·
Registered
18,812 Posts
Even if Cori Gauff loses this match, it won't put a shadow over her stellar ascent.

I hope she can cause the surprise again.

·
Premium Member
19,644 Posts
Im afraid I have to disappoint you. I will be still sleeping probably when this match is played, but anyway i have only seen her match vs Halep and it was not Gauff the reason i watched it so try better pls ;)
Try not to disappoint yourself by not paying any attention to an overrated match up you allegedly care nothing about. lol

·
Registered
54 Posts
If i were Venus I wouldn't even play. This is soooo rigged for ratings/money. I'd tell those organizers, "Not off my back, SCREW YOU!!!!

·
Premium Member
19,644 Posts
If i were Venus I wouldn't even play. This is soooo rigged for ratings/money. I'd tell those organizers, "Not off my back, SCREW YOU!!!!
Venus isn't a quitter. She will go out there and give it her all regardless of who's on the other side of the net. Of course some people will pretend like Venus is at her prime if Gauff gets the win but we all know Venus hasn't played tennis in ages due to injury. It does seem like this match will get a lot of attention.

·
Registered
37,476 Posts
If this was rigged the match would be against Serena.

·
Registered
52,292 Posts
if Tatiana Maria and Lesia Tsurenko had drawn each other twice in 6 months , I guess noone would call for a rigged draw.... 🤷

CoCo will win again.Venus's form is more than questionnable and the kid already did it once

·
Registered
328 Posts
Lol who cares honestly? Ridiculously overhyped matchup between two irrelevant players atm.
No I don't feel your comment is accurate. To call Venus Williams irrelevant is both disrespectful and untrue, when she is feeling well she is always a contender. Coco is on fire, has lived up to her "hype", and if there were not WTA age restrictions her rankings would be higher. I look forward to a fantastic match, great for the WTA and women's tennis as a whole.

·
Registered
2,189 Posts
Venus isn't a quitter. She will go out there and give it her all regardless of who's on the other side of the net. Of course some people will pretend like Venus is at her prime if Gauff gets the win but we all know Venus hasn't played tennis in ages due to injury. It does seem like this match will get a lot of attention.
This is true. Venus is way past her prime. Gauff beating her is really no big deal and not an upset. Anyone could have beaten her in this slump even Ula Radwanska. Well not Ula.

·
63,545 Posts
People called this rigged are hilarious. You guys are delusional. Thanks for the entrainment.

Venus definitely doesn't want to pull out last minute, or people would call this a classless act.

·
Registered
220 Posts
People called this rigged are hilarious. You guys are delusional. Thanks for the entrainment.
Venus definitely doesn't want to pull out last minute, or people would call this a classless act.
I don't believe that it's a coincidence that Venus drew Coco in the first round of two grand slams within a year. Or that Naomi got to play Mladenovic at Indian Wells after losing to her at Dubai last year. Or that she happened to meet Putintseva in the first round at Wimbledon after losing to her at Birmingham.

I wouldn't say the draws are "rigged" because the word suggests that something immoral is going on, but it's clear that tournament organizers have ways of manipulating the draws to ensure good matchups that will attract viewers.

The Venus vs Coco rematch is a bit frustrating because Coco has improved since the last time they met, whereas Venus has crashed out early at most tournament she's entered since.

·
La nuit je mens
87,071 Posts
Absolutely nobody wanted this or is that excited about this so yeah, there was no point rigging this.

·
Registered
84,744 Posts
Venus probably will win one set the most. Her aging physique and lack of stamina is really showing these days. If Coco can dominate the rallies and make Venus run around the court, not surprised if it will be easy 2 sets.

·
Registered
10,184 Posts
I love Venus but I think that Coco would go farther than Venus in the tournament. I don't think that Vee can pull off another AO final like she did a few years ago. But boy would I love to see it happen.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts