Tennis Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
115,577 Posts
Re: It's time for Serena's 24th

Svitolina, Bencic and Andreescu are all very good players, and the pressure goes up for Serena as each round gets closer.
So lets see what happens. I think its still very wide open among those 4
Serena had a little bad luck in that Kerber, Halep and Osaka all handled those finals while they play tons of shit matches at other majors. So its about Serena and also about the level her opponent plays, and these are just as good as the 3 who beat her in finals, but they have to handle their pressure situation, as does Serena
I think we are heading to 2 great semis and both finals should be awesome! Fed/Nadal and I dont know who wins Svitolina/Serena or Bencic/Andreescu

·
Registered
4,561 Posts
This has been said since she returned, but there are still too many players in the draw that can expose her and aren't going to hit themselves off court.

·
Registered
1,496 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Can't happen 4th time in a row, i think. Even Halep managed to avoid it.

·
Registered
935 Posts

While I'd love nothing more than for Serena to win #24, it just feels like it won't happen here. Andreescu has all the momentum in the world and I think she will win.

·
Registered
26,037 Posts

Andreescu vs. S. Williams would be a Herculean final if both show up in great form.

·
Registered
6,567 Posts

So are we assuming she definitely plays tonight?

I'm still fearing a 'Q Wang d. Serena by walkover' thread to emerge on here in 4 or 5 hours.

·
Registered
53,737 Posts

true but Svitolina/Konta can be tough and Bencic/Andreescu too ...

I really hope she gets it

·
Registered
8,829 Posts

I really want a Konta-Serena showdown where both are playing well.
you dont want that. Serena destroys Konta if they're both playing well. Bencic is the most dangerous to Serena winning this title imo.

Reactions: lazio

·
Registered
149 Posts

She'll lose to Svitolina.
Her only chance is that Konta will meet her in the semis.
In a final, I can see her winning against Andreescu, but not against Bencic.

·
Registered
8,829 Posts

While I'd love nothing more than for Serena to win #24, it just feels like it won't happen here. Andreescu has all the momentum in the world and I think she will win.
Andreescu vs. S. Williams would be a Herculean final if both show up in great form.
Bencic is playing much better than Andreescu.

I'm still fearing a 'Q Wang d. Serena by walkover' thread to emerge on here in 4 or 5 hours.
I think she plays. she didnt seem hampered at all by the ankle at the end of that match. granted it was only a couple games.

·
Registered
8,829 Posts

She'll lose to Svitolina.
Her only chance is that Konta will meet her in the semis.
In a final, I can see her winning against Andreescu, but not against Bencic.
yep, Andreescu only won last night because Taylor was hitting balls out left and right.

Svitolina looks very dangerous....

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
That's what we always say. In an ideal world where Serena is playing 100% and nerves aside Serena should win. But this is life and Serena is sucking towards the end if the slams these days. I think Svitolina and Bencic can hury her and frustrate her with their counter punching and Bianca can hold with her in the firepower department. So... not so fast. There are still three more matches to be played.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Bencic is playing much better than Andreescu.

I think she plays. she didnt seem hampered at all by the ankle at the end of that match. granted it was only a couple games.
Bencic is not playing "much better" than Andreescu. Are you sure you even watched their matches? And have you heard of match ups in tennis? I won't judge Bencic based on her match with Osaka. I think Andreescu while she is playing at a lower gear, has some extra gears to go to when she meets a tough opponent. And her game is not as match up dependent.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.