Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Let's just face it...Justine has Kim's number whether she's great on hard court or not. I'm not a Justine fan at all but you have to see it staring you in the face. Justine is just the better player of the 2.

Kim has Davenport and Capriati's number. Justine has Kim, Davenport and Capriati's number. With all that being said, Serena and Venus has all of their numbers. This of course is in general. For now Serena has everyone's number including Venus (my favorite) but that may change.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
let's see how it goes next year(or time)

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well it's beginning to look like it. Really Kim is one of my favorites but she's not showing that she can beat Justine anymore.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
I don't believe in the having your number 1 thing well maybe when you win 6:1 6:1 all the time but that's not the case

·
Registered
34,742 Posts
Not too long ago, it was the other way around. Kim used to own Justine. It's strange how things have turned around. I think it's mental. Kim often has problems closing out matches. It's easier for her to take a set and/or match on the other player's serve.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I agree Beggin. Last year Kim own Justine but things seem to have changed. This is why everyone thought Kim would win the French. Just like Capriati use to be Kim but just like that Kim turned it around.

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
I dont think Juju has Cappy's # at all. The last 2 times they played, each player won one

Dubai '03 Juju 6-4, 4-6, 6-4
Toronto '02 Cappy 4-6, 6-1, 6-2

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Still think Justine and Kim has Capriati's number. Sure Capriati can win but I don't think she can beat either on a consistent basis anymore.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
until Justine records a sequence of consecutive wins against Jennifer, i think its unfair to say she has her number :confused:

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
CAPPY4EVER said:
I dont think Juju has Cappy's # at all. The last 2 times they played, each player won one

It was 7-5 4-6 6-4
and 4-6 6-0 6-2 ... not that it matters

And how can you say justine has Davs number? She has beaten her once! and that was 7-5 5-7 9-7

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
CAPPY4EVER said:

To have one's number would means it's quite certain Justine would beat Capriati. I'd hardly say that.

However whereas in the beginning Capriati was more likely to come out the winner, I think this is now Justine!

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
When Kim is playing her best she is by far the better player, however Justine is the more consistant. I think Kim gets really nervous now whenever she plays Justine especially after the French Open. At rosmalin she could not close out the first set, and last night she went totally to pieces in the second.

·
Registered
20,784 Posts
yeah but we can't forget how hard juju trained in florida the last months the press wrote that she even got tears in her eyes because she was working that hard. And now that's paying off she got way more muscles because of that as well ..

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Well I hope Kim puts it out there on court against Justine or there's no way I can claim that she's the better player. You can have all the talent in the world but you have to win or beat certain players consistently to be considered the better player.

I guess I'm jumping the gun with Dav. Davenport has beaten Henin but I don't know now. Henin has improved since then and Davenport doesn't look the same out there on the court.

·
Miss Verstand
16,531 Posts
Jasmin said:
Justine has Kim, Davenport and Capriati's number.
well yeah justine did beat lindsay..err lets count..once :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
its ok jas, i understand what you're saying and totally agree!

·
Premium Member
37,170 Posts
how come justine own kim's number? last time i looked, kiim was leading their h2h comfortably.

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
To me, Justine has a greater array of shots and can change up her tactics much more than Kim. That makes her the better player to me. Kim has had the mental edge on Justine up until this year, but now that Justine has grown stronger mentally, Kim no longer has that advantage.

I like Kim's whole on and off court personality better because Justine is a bit dour for my tastes, but that has nothing to do with her tennis.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts