Tennis Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everybody plays them. Few people play as many as Kim. But NOONE plays them SO WELL.
Kim Clijsters made hitting a dropshot a form of ART. She plays them from everywhere to whatever spot on the other side of the net. Today against Dani she played some dropshots that were BREATHTAKING.
(She's BTW also pretty good at that other DR-shot, the drive volley).

·
Banned
1,830 Posts
She is also the queen of the "splits" ....never seen anyone do that...:)

·
Banned
3,204 Posts
yeah but I've seen Kim lose matches because of that dropshot. She uses them the most, but many times she just sucks at them.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Yea and now with Hingis retired Kim is the dropshot masta.

What makes her drop shots fun is that she has "stupid" selection in shooting them. By this I mean she does it break/set/match point down or at the 'wrong' times but she almost always wins the point.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Diya said:
She is also the queen of the "splits" ....never seen anyone do that...:)
Yeah, but when was the last time you saw Kim do the splits while hitting a drop shot?

Now THAT would be something.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Spirit said:
Yeah, but when was the last time you saw Kim do the splits while hitting a drop shot?

Now THAT would be something.
Just a matter of time IMHO. :p
Kim on gravel... these splits... ABSOLUTELY AWESOME.

·
NeverWoz
27,565 Posts
Kim IS good at dropshots, however she did not make hitting them into a form of art. Many players before her have utilized the dropshot beautifully and effectively. Hingis, and Arantxa before that. Goolagong had a good dropshot too I've heard.

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
:worship: :worship: :worship:

·
Registered
26,095 Posts
Kim is THE queen! It's a simple as that:eek:

Reactions: Hagar
1 - 11 of 11 Posts