Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's not Kim's fault the number of tournaments the Williams play to get their rankings.

It's also not Kim's fault that she is the only top 20 player left in the bottom half of the draw.

However, it is Kim's fault that being the only top 20 player no longer looks like a free pass to the Final, after today's performance.

·
Registered
2,863 Posts
Well, I expect Kim to raise her level of play. She raised it after the horrendous first set today, and she should be able to raise it in these later rounds.

Take advantage of this, Kim!!

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Kim was tested today, just like Venus and Jennifer were tested. Kim passed the test, Venus and Jennifer didn't.

·
Premium Member
20,734 Posts
I don't know why anyone would blame her in the first place? Venus, Jennifer, and Lindsay all gave it and shot and it didn't work out. It worked out for Kim, blaming her for that is kinda silly.

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Given the choice I am not sure I would pick two hot aggressive players on their way to the top 10, or resurgent Conchita who can be almost unbeatable on clay and will wear you out trying to beat her, for my half. I would have prefered Justine's quarter.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
oh they will bash her for her draw anyway when she reaches the final. they do already all year, but who cares as long as she wins;)

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Hagar said:
Kim was tested today, just like Venus and Jennifer were tested. Kim passed the test, Venus and Jennifer didn't.
I like Kim and I am glad she is through, but after the first set, Kim was in control. Venus and Jennifer had far, far toughers tests that Kim. I think Venus and Jennifer would have beaten Maggie too.

·
Team WTAworld, Destroyer of the Ring
5,336 Posts
Well whatever happens in the future, this match made me love Kim even more.
After that terrible first set, the way she fought back, her determination, her will to win. I love it!!

Reactions: ans

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
raquel said:
I like Kim and I am glad she is through, but after the first set, Kim was in control. Venus and Jennifer had far, far toughers tests that Kim. I think Venus and Jennifer would have beaten Maggie too.
PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEEE. GIVE ME A BREAK. This is a silly explanation. Venus and Jennifer did NOT pass their test and that does not mean that Kim's test was less difficult.
This sounds like inventing whatever argument just to NOT have to admit that Venus and Jennifer did not make it.

·
Registered
7,096 Posts
Hagar said:
PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEEE. GIVE ME A BREAK. This is a silly explanation. Venus and Jennifer did NOT pass their test and that does not mean that Kim's test was less difficult.
This sounds like inventing whatever argument just to NOT have to admit that Venus and Jennifer did not make it.
I am not inventing anything. Venus and Jennifer were outplayed. All I am saying is, Nadia and Vera are tougher opponents than Maggie right now. In the second and third set Kim was not tested, she was in control.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
indeed she was totally not in the match and in the first part of the second set maleeva could easily have run away and she(maleeva) still got many chances to break back in the rest of the match and kim just stepped up at those points!

a true champion :bounce:

·
Banned
113 Posts
:rolleyes: at this thread. everything you said, is bascially summed up, that kim is where she is b/c of venus.

if all in all, you have to give Kim credit of her results with the point of venus added, its clear, although its not kims fault, you could say its venus' fault that she is where she is right now.

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
SeReNa FoReVeR said:
:rolleyes: at this thread. everything you said, is bascially summed up, that kim is where she is b/c of venus.

if all in all, you have to give Kim credit of her results with the point of venus added, its clear, although its not kims fault, you could say its venus' fault that she is where she is right now.
:rolleyes: @you!
IMHO, disposablehero's point is actually that Kim is not where she is because of Venus but simply because of her own qualities.
Sigh.
This kind of reaction makes me regret that Venus is out because I wanted to see a Kim-Venus semi that would show Kim's real value (which is still doubted by some).
Or it must be that I don't understand the English language well enough.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Hagar said:
:rolleyes: @you!
IMHO, disposablehero's point is actually that Kim is not where she is because of Venus but simply because of her own qualities.
Sigh.
This kind of reaction makes me regret that Venus is out because I wanted to see a Kim-Venus semi that would show Kim's real value (which is still doubted by some).
Or it must be that I don't understand the English language well enough.
You are right, that is why I wanted to see a Kim-Venus match up too because if Kim had won people would finally stop bashing her.

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
you really think that? they would have said venus was injured and could not practice and that's why she lost. they will always find a way but as said who cares:)

·
Premium Member
19,755 Posts
Kim's chances to win this tournament has greatly improved with the dismissal of Venus, and Jen.

Venus and Jen had tough opponents who did not waiver, Kim had an opponent who did waiver even though she bagelled her. This is a slam people IMO Kim was fortunate but that does not take anything away from her. Venus and Jen were not.

I think her draw is wide open, and the 3 top contenders are on the other side. So Kim will have a cakewalk to the finals, and whomever meets her will probably be tired. But that's tennis for you, you never know what can happen.

If Kim does not win this slam without all this help then I am not sure that she ever will. JMHO.

·
Registered
520 Posts
irma said:
you really think that? they would have said venus was injured and could not practice and that's why she lost. they will always find a way but as said who cares:)
Yeah, I always try to think positive. To say it in Dutch 'Hoop doet leven'.

·
Banned
271 Posts
Didn't Venus and Kim already had an encounter this year? Or maybe Kim was not 100% that time, I thought she said she just had too much with Hewitt the night before the match.

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
Gosh now that venus lost everyone is like oh if venus were to meet kim, blah blah blah...it was already settled in Antwerp, PERIOD! Yeah it isnt kims fault that her draw is easy, it doesnt matter because it'll end up hurting her just like today...

1 - 20 of 82 Posts