Tennis Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,649 Posts
Do you think she is wearing looser clothing to hide her physique or is she just getting too small for her clothes? :confused:

·
Registered
25,099 Posts
I know this is just a pic, but she seems to be disappearing before our very eyes.

Reactions: vs1

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
VCR said:
no matter what she or her coach says, i'm SURE she's suffering from anorexia and needs to consult a doctor.
You're right VCR. :eek:

She looks like a stick figure. Someone PLEASE get this girl some help. :help:

·
Registered
25,643 Posts
don't be so cruel to dani, people :cool:

·
Plainclothes Division
6,350 Posts
While I do think Daniela is under-eating, we can't necessarily assume it's deliberate, as part of an eating disorder. It could simply be that she hasn't adjusted her caloric intake to her increased activity. When Martina Navratilova got über-fit, she had to take in 6000 calories a day to keep her strength up.

Daniela should consult a nutrionist, who could advise her on how to eat better, if not more. She may be reluctant to, for fear that it would be construed as an acknowledgement of a disorder.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
Congrats Nadia

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
That pic is pretty sad. But I'm sure Dani's getting the appropriate help she needs and is on her way to recovery from whatever illness she's in right now.

Go Dani!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Brian Stewart said:
While I do think Daniela is under-eating, we can't necessarily assume it's deliberate, as part of an eating disorder. It could simply be that she hasn't adjusted her caloric intake to her increased activity. When Martina Navratilova got über-fit, she had to take in 6000 calories a day to keep her strength up.

Daniela should consult a nutrionist, who could advise her on how to eat better, if not more. She may be reluctant to, for fear that it would be construed as an acknowledgement of a disorder.
It was reported as far back as early May that Daniela had taken "professional dietary advice" ;)

Guys, don't be repeating all over again all the bull printed in the British papers in June - they were mostly journalists just out for headlines with little actual knowledge of tennis and the players.

You should all know better.

Most of Daniela's fans think she should withdraw from the tour, some (including me) think she shouldn't play again in 2003 and the last two weeks have proved our point.

There is of course evidence that something is radically wrong in Daniela's life right now.

But there is no evidence of an eating disorder. How many times does Daniela have to say she overtrained pre-season and for a naturally thin person it has proved difficult to correct that while still training, travelling, practising and playing week in week out!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I am also fairly certain that it is anorexia that is her problem. Either that or compulsive exercising (like Callista Flockhart). I know what it's like to have this problem, so I am not saying this to be cruel or anything like that. It's not an insult at all. The fact that she has the fine, blond hair on her arms that is evident in pictures is fairly telling. Anorexics often devleop that as the body's way of keeping itself warm.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.