Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
503 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
it's a great moment for italian tennis: Silvia Farina is n. 13 in the ranking. Francesca Schiavone is playing better and better and in few weeks she could enter the top 20. Rita Grande is doing well (great match against capriati in australia) and have great results in double too. Adriana Serra Zanetti brought for the first time ever an italian player in the quaterfinals at the australian open and is now n. 40 (she deserves to be in the top 30 and higher).

Than we have Tathiana Garbin and the young Maria Elena Camerin, who are in the top 100 of the ranking and play real good. Tathiana is near the top 50 and Elena needs some experience in the wta tourment to improve her tennis (great forhand)

Last but not least, we have Roberta Vinci, one of the best double players in the world who can do well in single too.

Now finally we will find italian players in the final rounds of the tourment and in the second week of the slams.
:bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :wavey: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

·
Team WTAworld, Moderator - Games
33,056 Posts
Really amazing. I've waited so long for this kind of results, that I simply can't believe what the Italians have recently achieved. :)

Ciao! :wavey:

·
Registered
2,738 Posts
And Roberta Vinci herself was only 19 last week (according to my records), so she's still pretty young.
The only time I've seen her play was winning the Felixstowe tournament against Lucie Ahl. She played extremely well. However, I was suprised at how small she was. Looking at my WTA tour guide she's 5 ft 4 inches / 1.63M and she's marginally shorter than Ai Sugiyama.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts