Tennis Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
16,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It was awful yesterday for me. We've got the
so called "international" feed via Australia.

There was ALL of Hewitt's match.
Last 2 sets of Albert Costa.
38 minutes of Jen.
50 Seconds of LD
All of Guga's.

Let's see 9 hours of tv coverage 40 minutes of women's!!!

WHAT A %&$*&($ JOKE!!!

·
Premium Member
8,187 Posts
nope, not bad for me. but it's always the same people, but the men and women are pretty much equal in the amount they show

·
Love the Legends of Tennis
4,464 Posts
I'm lucky as I get the Aussie feed - 24 hours a day (10 hours live rest is replays etc) plus I get the Eurosport feed.

So getting plenty of mens and womens... no complaints. :)

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
i've got foxtel and the coverage isn't that great. not many womens matches are shown and for the highlights all they do is replay the live coverage, and they have like 3 highlights a day so in one day you see each match like 4 times. they could at least show matches that they didn't show during the live coverage.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
30,466 Posts
Greenout said:
It was awful yesterday for me. We've got the
so called "international" feed via Australia.

There was ALL of Hewitt's match.
Last 2 sets of Albert Costa.
38 minutes of Jen.
50 Seconds of LD
All of Guga's.

Let's see 9 hours of tv coverage 40 minutes of women's!!!

WHAT A %&$*&($ JOKE!!!
lol, you said it ;)

The coverage is really annoying me :( Plus from what i've seen, the matches they cover had been played earlier, so whats the point of that? Fair enough, Australian coverage, they're going to want to show Australian players, but still, they could show some other matches instead of the same players all the time :rolleyes:

btw, to those watching the Australian coverage, did they actually show any of the Aussie girls playing? :( I haven't watched it all, but so far i haven't seen anything on them :rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,384 Posts
I feel sorry for you but Eurosport International most of the times satisfy moi.;)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
30,466 Posts
•~¤¥õ§HïË707¤~• said:
I hate when a match has already finished like 4 hours previous to the Channel 7 telecast, and they pretend it is only just started or in the second set ... It is so annoying!
lol, exactly!

Why can't they actually show some live matches for once? :p :rolleyes:

·
Registered
307 Posts
HELLO I have to get up a 4:00am to watch tennis, that really stinks and it's worst when i have to watch the guys play tennis. Like today they show the Lleyton's match, Roodick's match, michael chang's match, and part of Gustavo's match :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: as for the girls they show part of venus match and seles and jenny's match NO FAIR!!!!

·
Registered
4,840 Posts
I'll say.
Solar Sports decided to not pick it up this year. :(

·
Banned
3,727 Posts
Martian Stacey said:
lol, exactly!

Why can't they actually show some live matches for once? :p :rolleyes:
"We're going to head to Phillipe Chatrier court where the no.1 seeded woman Serena Williams has had a brilliant start to her Roland Garros defense. She has taken the 1st set 6-2. We now join our commentators (blah blah) with Serena already up a break in the second set and leading 2-0."

Or some shit like that .... Im thinking ... didnt Serena start play like 4 hours ago and finish her match 3 hours and 59 mins ago???

It is so annoying when i stay up late and im hoping for a kim or Jelena match .... and the news lady says dont look at the score cause well have this match right up next .... and i wait in anticipation and it shows the lleyton match and I see it is a bloody 4 set marathon and that it lasted 3 hours .... then i decide to go to sleep, well right after i see the tennis ladys futile attemp to pretend the tennis is live.

·
Premium Member
1,432 Posts
I have foxtel's (virtually) 24 hour coverage so the quantity is OK but I agree with all the gripes above about timing and choice of matches. They should show some others and cross to Lleyton rather than the other way round, knowing he often plays for hours. My real complaint usually starts in the second week if Lleyton (or another Aussie) is still in when the commentators start with their undecipherable yahooing everytime he wins a point.

·
Registered
16,569 Posts
i rushed home from sch, only to realise they were showing lleyton instead of kim. then i hoped when kim's match was abt to end, they would go over for while, it didn't happen.
then i was stuck with guga;s match till i fell asleep

1 - 14 of 14 Posts