Tennis Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
She is commited to the event but as to whether she will play...

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
I hope not. I want her ranking to fall even further now that Serena is out. :devil:

Reactions: Jennifer's wife

·
Registered
2,103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Dava

I quess a better question would have been has she withdrawn yet?

Bigtennis...why? So she can get more bonus points? If she's healthy we all know she will not only be favored to win, but likely.

·
Registered
17,731 Posts
No her name is still on the commitment list, so I guess she is still going to turn up, but usually they pull out at the last minute.

·
Registered
3,413 Posts
Im a Venus fan, but even if she doesnt go to the US OPEN ranked in the top 4 I hope she draws one of the belgians in the QF!

·
Keeper of Secrets
9,144 Posts
Apparently on another board Venus has confirmed that she will be playing the Rogers AT&T cup in August.

I don't know how reliable the poster is .........

·
Banned
241 Posts
RYNJ said:
Im a Venus fan, but even if she doesnt go to the US OPEN ranked in the top 4 I hope she draws one of the belgians in the QF!
i hope so too......Els can be a headache sometimes...
she made it close with Serena if i'm not mistaken.....:)

·
Registered
20,942 Posts
sunset said:
Apparently on another board Venus has confirmed that she will be playing the Rogers AT&T cup in August.

I don't know how reliable the poster is .........
According to someone on their fan site who is in the know says that Venus is serving without any pain has quitely confirmed that she will be in Toronto ready to play.

·
Veelieve!!!
32,883 Posts
i_like_tennis said:
i hope so too......Els can be a headache sometimes...
she made it close with Serena if i'm not mistaken.....:)
Uh the last time I checked Serena and Venus were two different individuals . While they both have the same playing style there are players who give Serena trouble while Venus walks all over them and vice verse :rolleyes:

·
Registered
15,969 Posts
I have a feeling Venus will play. Now she might lose early if she has that injury, but given that Serena is in Toronto shooting a movie or whatever, Venus will tag along.

·
Banned
1,735 Posts
Serena y Monica said:
Thanks Dava

I quess a better question would have been has she withdrawn yet?

Bigtennis...why? So she can get more bonus points? If she's healthy we all know she will not only be favored to win, but likely.
It's the devil in me SyM. The lower she's ranked, the lower she may be seeded. The lower she's seeded, the sooner she can draw some of the "favored" players.

I know it's not nice but I will enjoy the rending of raiment and the gnashing of teeth that will ensue should Venus have to play a "contender" in the third round. :lol: :devil:

1 - 15 of 15 Posts