I really liked reading it!

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
3,053 Posts
I liked it:)

·
Tart with a Heart
15,747 Posts
I agree with verybored 100%. If you´re really interested in womens tennis, its very readable, but doesnt give us too much that we dont already know. It´s quite similar to Ladies of the Court in that it likes to look to the gossipier side of stuff, but then thats quite fun too. Only thing is it seems quite short; i read it in two days.

·
Registered
17,916 Posts
VENUS ENVY is a lot of fun! And I agree, it is a quick read.:D :D :D
And I agree, it is a quick read. I picked it up and just kept going; it runs through the entire 2000 season. I wished it kept going!

·
Registered
1,799 Posts
Bumping this thread since I am just now reading this book. It has some good stuff & is kinda funny. I always knew sommething was up with Davenport. It turns out that she is/was a riot. Given what she said about Venus in 2000, it's no coincedence, in my opinion, that Venus would go on to beat her twice in Slam finals.

Quick easy read. Anybody else read it? IF you live in the DC/MD area, Karibu books has it on the discount list/shelf for a $7. Worth it.

·
Banned
3,492 Posts
I loved it. I thought it did provide some insights, and left me feeling a little sorry for some players, and less so for some others! There is quite a tender and truthful chapter on Monica Seles - it also reveals her love of money, a suspicion her fans like me long held!!

·
Registered
29,542 Posts
its great..i loved it when i read it....back then i didnt know much about what happened behind the scenes so i guess if i was to read it now, it wouldn't be as good....i really want there to be another one!

Its been too long....im gonna read it again:D

·
Registered
9,733 Posts
a fun, quick read.

obviously very dated info now but still worth a go. :cool:

·
Registered
7,664 Posts
Yeah it's great...a good buy!

·
Registered
9,074 Posts
Good tennis read for any fan who knows their tennis.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts