Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I find it highly incredolous that a simple muscle strain would last for nearly 4 months! One wonders the true motivation behind the injury and lack of match play! Could it be that she believes that she's so much superior to the remainding fields that she doesn't need a warm up tournament? Or is it a case that she's the type that malingers?

One ponders......!

Cire

·
Premium Member
26,690 Posts
cirelowe said:
I find it highly incredolous that a simple muscle strain would last for nearly 4 months! One wonders the true motivation behind the injury and lack of match play! Could it be that she believes that she's so much superior to the remainding fields that she doesn't need a warm up tournament? Or is it a case that she's the type that malingers?

One ponders......!

Cire
One ponders if you have ever had a muscle strain ...

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hey, I am not the problem here! We have a less than motivated player! Something's wrong!

If she doesn't want to play tennis, I propose that she work fulltime in developing her interior decorating business.

Speaking of her business, One wonders how does she obtain customers! I mean, if you follow the sport, you would have to be concerned if she was to show up and complete the job!

Cire

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
CAPPY4EVER said:
Is it a muscle strain or a muscle tear?? A strain would be fully 100% cleared up in 3-4 weeks, tops. (Maybe as quickly as 1-2 weeks) A tear could take months.....
The articles I keep reading say it is a strain. Word is she was serving without any pain until either Wednesday or yesterday and pulled out as a precaution. If it was diagnosed as a tear, she would have withdrawn from all tournaments and not plalyed until the next year. The fact that she has entered Moscow is proof that she doesn't have a tear.

·
Registered
6,748 Posts
cirelowe said:

One ponders......!

Cire

Are you mentally retarded or are you just retarded mentally?

One ponders......!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
iLuVenuSerena said:

One ponders......!
You are the one that seems to have the problem!

See, I am a fan of the sport! Being a fan, I suspect - better yet, deserve- to see the Anchor players in the best tournament! When you have a player, say Venus, who appears to be running scared of another player (s) - Kim, Amelie and Justine - then one (myself) likes to explore the reasons why!

cire

·
Veelieve!!!
33,802 Posts
iLuVenuSerena said:

One ponders......!
:lol: :lol: Seriously though , why the Venus obsession? Everyone knows that you don't care for her. Give it a rest already!!! UGH! Meanwhile the Toronto article states tear.

Injured Venus withdraws from Toronto event

LOS ANGELES, Aug 7 (Reuters) - Venus Williams has withdrawn from next week's Rogers AT&T Cup in Toronto due to an abdominal tear that she aggravated at Wimbledon, tournament director Stacey Allaster said on Thursday.

The world number four has not played since the Wimbledon final in early July where she lost to her sister Serena, and the latest withdrawal means her next scheduled tournament will be the U.S. Open starting on August 25.

Serena will not be in New York to defend her U.S. Open title after the world number one underwent knee surgery last week and is expected to be sidelined for six-to-eight weeks.

Two other American players, Chanda Rubin and Alexandra Stevenson, have pulled out of the Toronto event with injuries.

Belgians Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin-Hardenne are the tournament top seeds for the Rogers AT&T Cup.

·
Registered
24,565 Posts
cirelowe said:

One ponders......!

Cire
Are you gonna run away with your tail between your legs again when the facts make you look like an idiot?

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
cirelowe said:

One ponders......!

Cire
It lasts for four months because Venus didn't take care of it right away,
that's why! Hence, Serena not wanting her to play the French Open, but she did and the injury hampered her serve and made it worse.

Then, only two weeks before Wimbledon she gets some rest and for the first week and a half all's well, then the injury pops back up as Venus was playing well and hitting hard and looking like her old self, but she wasn't completely healed and it came back to haunt her. Otherwise, I feel she would've won Wimbledon.

Now, if anything I think she wants to be 100% sure before she comes back, for all we know she pulled out because she either wasn't ready and/or didn't feel 100%. That doesn't mean she's too high a mighty or a malingerer, she's looking out for her body so people like you won't be whinning why'd she comeback if she wasn't completely healed. So, get off her her back, she's taking care of her's and all you need be concerned about is your own!

Get Well Soon Venus. :kiss:

·
Registered
6,836 Posts
cirelowe said:

See, I am a fan of the sport! Being a fan, I suspect - better yet, deserve- to see the Anchor players in the best tournament! When you have a player, say Venus, who appears to be running scared of another player (s) - Kim, Amelie and Justine - then one (myself) likes to explore the reasons why!

cire
Appears to be running scared?!?!? Gee, you are an idiot...Venus has a solid winning record over all of these ladies....Please :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
Infiniti2001 said:
:lol: :lol: Seriously though , why the Venus obsession? Everyone knows that you don't care for her. Give it a rest already!!! UGH! Meanwhile the Toronto article states tear.

Injured Venus withdraws from Toronto event

LOS ANGELES, Aug 7 (Reuters) - Venus Williams has withdrawn from next week's Rogers AT&T Cup in Toronto due to an abdominal tear that she aggravated at Wimbledon, tournament director Stacey Allaster said on Thursday.

The world number four has not played since the Wimbledon final in early July where she lost to her sister Serena, and the latest withdrawal means her next scheduled tournament will be the U.S. Open starting on August 25.

Serena will not be in New York to defend her U.S. Open title after the world number one underwent knee surgery last week and is expected to be sidelined for six-to-eight weeks.

Two other American players, Chanda Rubin and Alexandra Stevenson, have pulled out of the Toronto event with injuries.

Belgians Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin-Hardenne are the tournament top seeds for the Rogers AT&T Cup.

Well, you article says tear, the following article says strain

Williams, Rubin, Stevenson pull out of Toronto tourney

.c The Associated Press

TORONTO (AP) - Venus Williams pulled out of the Rogers AT&T Cup on Thursday, citing the abdominal strain that has bothered her since May.

Williams' sister, Serena, withdrew earlier from the Aug. 11-17 hard-court tuneup for the U.S. Open.

Chanda Rubin (right shoulder tendinitis) and Alexandra Stevenson (right shoulder strain) also said Thursday they won't play in the tournament.

One of the players moving into the main draw is Maria Sharapova, the Russian teen who made a surprising run to the fourth round of Wimbledon as a wild-card entry.

French Open finalists Kim Clijsters and Justine Henin-Hardenne highlight the Toronto field.

08/07/03 18:49 EDT

Copyright 2003 The Associated Press

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I hope Venus doesn't run her business the way she handles Tennis Tournanments! wow! I guess all the mid-level clients accept the fact that she might not show up! What a pity!

Venus, aka Ethan Allen, believes that she's got this Open in the bag! Amelie and Kim have suprises waiting....in the wings!

Cire

·
Registered
20,884 Posts
cirelowe said:
I hope Venus doesn't run her business the way she handles Tennis Tournanments! wow! I guess all the mid-level clients accept the fact that she might not show up! What a pity!

Venus, aka Ethan Allen, believes that she's got this Open in the bag! Amelie and Kim have suprises waiting....in the wings!

Cire
What surprises? Kim hasn't beaten Venus in a completed match since May 2002 (the other win was the result of a retirement, so that doesn't count). Amelie has never beaten Venus in a completed match, since her only win off of Venus has been the result of a retirement. Plus Amelie hasn't played since mid-June, so we don't know how she will play.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
cirelowe said:

cire
Venus' Record

Against Kim: 5/2(last loss was ret. 'cause Venus was injured)

SF Wimbledon July 6 2003 V Williams(4) - K Clijsters(2) 4-6 6-3 6-1
F Antwerp Feb 16 2003 V Williams(1) - K Clijsters(2) 6-2 6-4
SF Championsh Nov 10 2002 K Clijsters(5) - V Williams(2) 5-0 ret.
QF San Diego Aug 4 2002 V Williams(1) - K Clijsters(5) 6-3 5-7 6-4
F Stanford July 28 2002 V Williams(1) - K Clijsters(4) 6-3 6-3
F Hamburg May 5 2002 K Clijsters(2) - V Williams(1) 1-6 6-3 6-4
QF US Open Sep 9 2001 V Williams(4) - K Clijsters(5) 6-3 6-1
-------------------------------------------------------------------

Against Amelie: 5/1(loss was ret. 'cause Venus was injured)

F Warsaw May 4 2003 A Mauresmo(2) - V Williams(1) 6-76 6-0 3-0
SF US Open Sep 8 2002 V Williams(2) - A Mauresmo(10) 6-3 5-7 6-4
SF Antwerp Feb 17 2002 V Williams-WC(1) - A Mauresmo(3) 7-64 6-0
SF Paris Feb 10 2002 V Williams(1) - A Mauresmo(3) 4-6 7-63 7-5
4 Australian O. Jan 28 2001 V Williams(3) - A Mauresmo(13) 6-2 3-6 6-3
3 Australian O. Feb 1 1998 V Williams - A Mauresmo 6-1 6-4

------------------------------------------------------------------
Against Justine: 7/1(only loss against Henin-Hardenne came in may of 01' on clay. Henin-Hardenne let the one at Amelia Island slip through her fingers, she was up either 4-0 or 4-1 in the third and Venus came back, and what a surprise, on clay as well.)

SF Australian O. Jan 26 2003 V Williams(2) - J Henin-Hardenne(5) 6-3 6-3
SF Wimbledon July 7 2002 V Williams(1) - J Henin-Hardenne(6) 6-3 6-2
F Amelia I. Apr 14 2002 V Williams(1) - J Henin-Hardenne(2) 2-6 7-5 7-6
F Antwerp Feb 17 2002 V Williams-WC(1) - J Henin-Hardenne(2) 6-3 5-7 6-3
F Gold Coast Jan 6 2002 V Williams(1) - J Henin-Hardenne(2) 7-5 6-2
QF New Haven Aug 26 2001 V Williams(3) - J Henin-Hardenne(5) 6-3 5-7 6-2
F Wimbledon July 8 2001 V Williams(2) - J Henin-Hardenne(8) 6-1 3-6 6-0
3 Berlin May 13 2001 J Henin-Hardenne(13) - V Williams(2) 6-1 6-4

A healthy Venus on her game has little to fear from any of the three.

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
cirelowe said:

Cire
Get over your ass!:rolleyes:

Whatchalookinat!
If you have a problem with her
you can kiss her ass!
:angel:

·
Registered
22,221 Posts
cirelowe said:
I'm willing to put cash money that Amelie or Kim wins this Open! If any of you would like, we can register through Pay pal! $500 on Amelie or Kim!

Cire

:haha:

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.