Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
She hasn't beaten a top player in what seems like forever. She struggles with all the top players in three setters.

Yet she seems confident...and Mauresmo is struggling.

Is this Jen's biggest match? If she beats Mauresmo, I would think her US Open chances increased dramatically.

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
tennisIlove09 said:
She hasn't beaten a top player in what seems like forever. She struggles with all the top players in three setters.

Yet she seems confident...and Mauresmo is struggling.

Is this Jen's biggest match? If she beats Mauresmo, I would think her US Open chances increased dramatically.
I would say her chances of winning the Pilot Pen would increase but that is as far as I would go... ;)

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
If she beat Momo i think her chances for the Us Open would diffently increase! Her confidence would really increase!

·
Registered
15,448 Posts
good luck to her. i think momo will pull it out though.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
I don't know if Mauresmo is struggling that much her scores in New Haven look to be pretty good, and Toronto was her first tournament in a while so she was allowed to be a bit rusty. Ofcourse capriati's chances at the open would increase confidence wise. I just wish I could see the match.

·
Banned
3,293 Posts
I wouldn't say this match against Amelie is the biggest one in the year for Jennifer. I think the Pacific Life Open final against Kim was bigger in terms of how big the stake was.

·
Registered
7,971 Posts
gogomaggie said:
I wouldn't say this match against Amelie is the biggest one in the year for Jennifer. I think the Pacific Life Open final against Kim was bigger in terms of how big the stake was.
:confused: Kim beat Lindsay in Indian Wells not jen

·
Registered
13,635 Posts
no because when she wins the semi and loses the final then she still has no title this year

so I guess the final (if she reaches it) would be more important.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I think it's more important for her to beat a top player like Momo, then to win the title. I would love for her to win the title of course, but would be very happy if she beat Momo and notched a win over a true top 10.

·
Registered
9,216 Posts
I think Capriati will come out firing on all cylinders, and win the first set, but then Mauresmo's variety and spins will take their toll, and Amelie will win pretty easily in 3 sets. I'm looking forward to great tennis- hope they're both on form.

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
great smash said:
I would say her chances of winning the Pilot Pen would increase but that is as far as I would go... ;)

I'd have to agree w/your assesment. Beating Mauresmo is a long way from beating Kim/Venus/justine.

·
Registered
3,031 Posts
alfajeffster said:
I think Capriati will come out firing on all cylinders, and win the first set, but then Mauresmo's variety and spins will take their toll, and Amelie will win pretty easily in 3 sets. I'm looking forward to great tennis- hope they're both on form.

agree with this post completely...

·
Registered
600 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
I'd have to agree w/your assesment. Beating Mauresmo is a long way from beating Kim/Venus/justine.
The last time Mauresmo played Kim, Venus or Justine, I did not have the impression she was a long way from them...The only player that is clearly beyond the others is Serena.
I think that we need to wait if Momo keeps getting injured all the time. Otherwise she can cause troubles to Justin, Kim and maybe Venus.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts