Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,519 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Russians won little tournaments upsetting higher ranked players- peoiple said they are second best. They won big tourneys upsetting No1s- people said they aren't the best. They won their firsdt GS- 'that's a fluke, they are second rate'.
Now they have the second final, again beating so-called 'best players'. What are people saying now? I'd say that a fluke can never repeat itself so many times: a a fluke that repeats itself thrice is already a rule...

They are now first rate players.
Any objections?

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
Ballbuster said:
see Wimbledon 2004 Finals Score
If 17 y.o. Sharky wins 6-8 games, she'll have every right to feel very good about her run. If she wins a set, then great about it. (If She Somehow wins the match, I hope she doesn't have a spontaneous Orgasm On court). :eek:

·
Registered
8,943 Posts
If you put the russians -v- the active Americans, yes they are second rate.

Add up the GS titles tier 1's and 2's of the leading ruskies -v- amer. they come up way short.

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Shouldn't we wait til they win at least 2 slams? Does this include only Shaparova or the others with got kicked out before the 2nd week started?

·
Banned
3,167 Posts
JollyRoger said:
If 17 y.o. Sharky wins 6-8 games, she'll have every right to feel very good about her run. If she wins a set, then great about it. (If She Somehow wins the match, I hope she doesn't have a spontaneous Orgasm On court). :eek:
I absolutely cannot phantom that happening. Sharapova will play into Serena's game and will be eaten alive. sure she will get in a few angles here and there but with that flat ball????

And all that speed Sharapova would be giving Serena - this will be a wash.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
6,886 Posts
Ballbuster said:
I absolutely cannot phantom that happening. Sharapova will play into Serena's game and will be eaten alive. sure she will get in a few angles here and there but with that flat ball????

Yeah, sure :rolleyes:
I'm sure YOUR Serena will double bagel Maria in 20 minutes :yawn:

·
Banned
2,910 Posts
There are already some posts which I won't forget to quote on Saturday:worship:

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Hoping Serena pulls this through but you can't underestimate anyone and Maria wants this bad. Truthfully it's not crazy anymore to lose to an unseeded player let alone one who is.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
i love the Russians but a lot of their fans ARE getting pretty arrogant considering a lot of them lost in the first week here :eek:

·
Registered
7,843 Posts
DA FOREHAND said:
If you put the russians -v- the active Americans, yes they are second rate.

Add up the GS titles tier 1's and 2's of the leading ruskies -v- amer. they come up way short.
Yeah. Now, compare the ages of the Russians to the ages of the leading Americans. Now, think where the leading Americans will be in five years' time.

Of those leading Americans, only Serena is not in a visible decline. Of those in decline, only Venus has time enough to turn it around. However, every one of the up-and-coming Russians still has the peak of their career ahead of them.

·
Registered
4,526 Posts
It goes something like this:

Williams
Belgians
Russians

·
Banned
2,910 Posts
I had promised to bump these too

JollyRoger said:
Ballbuster said:

·
Registered
5,755 Posts
JollyRoger said:
Just thought that little tidbit needed to be repeated. :)

·
Registered
34,218 Posts
starr said:
Just thought that little tidbit needed to be repeated. :)
Let's put the quote in context. I was specifically telling Ballbuster that Sharky would still have Achieved Alot just by making the final and playing credibly. ;) (Besides, like Monica and Serena, she has mini-orgasms all match long). :p

1 - 19 of 19 Posts