Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Another bad, bad Slam. Another horrific French Open.

Random Question: when was the last time we had a match on tour (or in a Slam)... that was:

1. Competitive for three sets.
2. High Quality.
3. Past the R16 (QF/SF/F).

·
Registered
115,327 Posts
There is a dominate woman on clay. You can appreciate her talent or be bored by it.

Reactions: Kart

·
Registered
8,613 Posts
AO semi finals in 2006 were top notch. Or maybe it was 2005.

·
Registered
4,686 Posts
Thank you Goldenlox.

If this is the premise by which the WTA is bad, then the ATP is just as horrible with only 2 men capable of winning whenever they are in a tourny. Not mention Rafael-i-can't-lose-a-match-on -clay-Nadal.

Both tours are just horrific. I mean, forget the great talent and players...horrific I agree.

22,716 Posts
It's just the French Open that blows :eek: I can't remember the last good match played here :eek:

As for your question, probably Venus-Jelenka in Charleston :shrug:

·
Beware Of The Dog, Bitch.
21,902 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's just the French Open that blows :eek: I can't remember the last good match played here :eek:

As for your question, probably Venus-Jelenka in Charleston :shrug:
Oh my God. Is that considered a good quality match nowadays? It was fucking terrible for large parts.

·
Banned
11,012 Posts
Thank you Goldenlox.

If this is the premise by which the WTA is bad, then the ATP is just as horrible with only 2 men capable of winning whenever they are in a tourny. Not mention Rafael-i-can't-lose-a-match-on -clay-Nadal.

Both tours are just horrific. I mean, forget the great talent and players...horrific I agree.
What.
We have had high class performances by the dozen on the men's side.
The women rarely keep a positive ratio of winners to unforced errors. It's disgusting.

·
Registered
634 Posts
Another bad, bad Slam. Another horrific French Open.

Random Question: when was the last time we had a match on tour (or in a Slam)... that was:

1. Competitive for three sets.
2. High Quality.
3. Past the R16 (QF/SF/F).

1) not possible when you want to fufill point 2 -> the qualtity is too high for the other player
2) You can't see any better high quality tennis perfomance from which you saw today from Henin.
Brilliant top spin,brilliant backhands, brilliand forehands,brilliant stop volleys.

3) Go watch another sport, or go watch Federer. With his dominance every slam should be also a bad slam???

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
In my opiniojn the best matches only happen at the Australian Open and in Wimbledon.

The French Open for me is always boring, the players don't hit the ball that hard and have to wait a lot to win a point

The Us Open for me it doesn't feel like a slam, I feel the Miami open feels more like a slam.

·
Registered
130 Posts
sharapova henin Ao semis 2006
mauresmo clijsters final of antwerp and semis of 2006 YEC
This years berlin final was quite good as well.

·
Registered
1,627 Posts
I can't remember the last French Open I enjoyed.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts