Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Martina Navratilova over Zina Garrison.
:worship:
Zina got owned & bitch slapped for over a decade :lol: !!

·
Registered
2,099 Posts
Ouch that is a very cruel head to head!

·
Banned
9,786 Posts
Yes.
Graf vs Tauziat 21-0 all in straights without playing a single tie-break.

·
Registered
21,146 Posts

·
Premium Member
36,826 Posts
:eek:

·
Registered
8,863 Posts
Graf Tauziat is the most impressive one in history, mostly because Nat was a GREAT player, and she had evrything to make matches way more difficult than Graf made it look.
Zina met Martina 24 times of these 33 matches in fast courts, and was quite useless. look at the other meetings and watch how the younger player was able to cause her damage.

Sadly, Nat never had a chance to play Graf on Grass.

also, it should be noted that Tauziat was at her best after 30, as we all know. zina was pretty much solid her complete career, although 1990 wimbeldon was wow wow wow.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
Even Zina's one win was a nailbiter: 1988 US Open QF Garrison def. Navratilova 6-4 6-7 7-5 :eek:

I never saw this one, but surely Zina was ecstatic!

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
Chris Evert leads Virginia Ruzici 23-0, but they're not all in straight sets like Graf/Tauziat's record. :lol: But Ruzici won Roland Garros and finished runner-up another year so it's still pretty embarrasing :eek:

·
Registered
2,102 Posts
Even Zina's one win was a nailbiter: 1988 US Open QF Garrison def. Navratilova 6-4 6-7 7-5 :eek:

I never saw this one, but surely Zina was ecstatic!

I did. Zina led 6-4, 5-0 (or 5-1), and Martina came back. I stopped watching after the second set and couldn't believe Zina pulled it out.

·
Registered
10,553 Posts
All this leads me to say, with no hubris whatsoever...,

"My record against the great Steffi Graf would be no worse Nathalie Tauziat!"

1 - 20 of 45 Posts