Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If not, they sure as heck should be. I hope that she is eating every word she said when Venus pulled out. Sure, I feel bad that she got hurt and had to withdraw, but REALLY! I think I would have much rather that, if it happened to be that she felt the injury in her semi, she pull out and let Kim go on to the final. Knowing full well that the people in the stadium, the people watching on television, aka THE FANS would want to see a match...ANY MATCH! And then to say that she would rather play and lose! HA! Am I really supposed to believe that?! And to any Lindsay fan, I don't mean to bash her. I'm sorry about this rant. I don't think I'd be half as upset if she hadn't bad mouthed Venus' withdrawal before the tournament started. Pulling out BEFORE the entire competition seems right now to be the lesser evil compared to BEFORE the FINAL! And I'm not even really a Venus fan!

So sorry to rant like this. I apologize if it was harsh. But does anyone agree?

·
Registered
25,215 Posts
piercedgraf - You're being silly. Lots of times you get hurt in athletics and adrenailne keeps you going til after thematch. And Lindsay was the one who said the whole investigaion was stupid. Please note, Serena said when she got to Munich that Venus had misseed a lot of time practising. Truth is, Venus was hurting worse than she was letting on. She SHOULD have let the Sanex officials know she was at least thinking of pulling out. But to expect Lindsay to pull out of a tie-breaker if she could still move is absurd. unless you're a total non-athlete, you know how much worse injuries are after they've had time to cool down and stiffen up.

You're being childish.

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Investigating Lindsay would be inappropriate and racist, given that Venus was not investigated for doing the exact same thing at Indian Wells against her own sister, with a less obvious injury.

·
Registered
113 Posts
guys, just drop it, end of the season now, new beginings and all that....... I am sure lindsay is really injured she doesnt seem to be someone who could just not play, and I take her word for it if she says she can hardly put weight on it then she cant!

·
Registered
13,056 Posts
ha ha.. that is silly!

·
Registered
9,247 Posts
Duiz you idiot why pull up all these old threads

Reactions: Epigone

·
Registered
3,595 Posts
I have followed Lindsay for years and she would not have taken the withdrawal lightly. Also her back is one of these injuries that can go at anytime. While it was said it went in the Bali final it may not have been bad enough to stop at the time but got worse afterwards and why are bring up things happened seven years ago that are irrelivant. Lindsay would have played if she could have I totally beileve her when she say she has an injury.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts