Tennis Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
now when we say top players we really mean the top 10. it's pretty definate that the top 10 is the top 10 aprat from the lower part of it where poeple keep slipping in and out of it. but my question for you is will the top 15 and top 20 be just as competitve? at the moment we have players slipping out of the top 15 and top 20 almost every week but so many good players are rising up that i'm thinking that the top 15 at least will be almost as untouchable as the top 10 and maybe even the top 20 will be. maybe not this year but by 2005 i think it could be. now i'm not saying that the top 15/top 20 players will be as good as the top 10 players or will challenge them, what i'm saying is that players outside the top 15/top 20 will find it almost as hard to enter the top 15/top 20 as it is to enter the top 10.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
just to add, will the top 15 and the other 5 in the top 20 breakaway from the rest of the tour and also split up them selves into groups. like at the moment we say the top 10 is broken into groups, the williams sisters then capriati, clijsters etc, then hantuchova and dokic and myskina.

·
Banned
1,174 Posts
Wasn't Steveson in the top 20 just a few months ago?

In that case, the top 20 is hardly competitive at all.

·
Registered
8,950 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i meant is it on it's way to being more competitive, in my post i did say by 2005 it could be so i'm not saying it is now.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts