Tennis Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With power hitters like Venus, Chanda, Alex and Serena withdrawing from the event, will the average tennis fan finally see some finesse!

I hope so.

Cire

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
lol, it'll take more than that...almost all of the top 10 are still power players:eek:

go Amelie and Justine!

·
double-dog daredevil
12,044 Posts
Ever wonder if some people actually watch tennis?

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I miss the old days of tennis - the finess days of Tracy Austin, Andrea Jeager and Chris Evertt Llyod. What a joy!

To all the young folks, until you've seen a Chris E. Llyod vs. Tracy Austin match, you haven't seen nothing! Better yet, Andrea Jeager (bring yer earplugs) vs Tracy, tennis at its best!

Cire

·
Registered
7,837 Posts
cirelowe said:
I miss the old days of tennis - the finess days of Tracy Austin, Andrea Jeager and Chris Evertt Llyod. What a joy!

To all the young folks, until you've seen a Chris E. Llyod vs. Tracy Austin match, you haven't seen nothing! Better yet, Andrea Jeager (bring yer earplugs) vs Tracy, tennis at its best!

Cire
umm cire, those days aren't comin back....even Justine and Amelie are 100% power players compared to that era...heck even compared to Hingis :tape:

·
Registered
44,018 Posts
cirelowe said:

Cire
Hope you had a VCR way back when...

·
Registered
25,212 Posts
cirelowe said:
cirelowe, as usual, is full of shit. How do I know? Well, I've read stuff from cirelowe before. Besides that if cirelowe was watching tennis back then, it was men's.

This rocket scientist just described Tracy Austin as a FINESSE player.

A player who hit actually hit Every and Navratilova off the court at times with sheer pace. Andrea Jaeger was also a big hitter. Until shoulder injuries derailed her career at 19. NO ONE who actually watched either of them would use the word 'finesse' to describe them. Don't believe me. Go check out old tape or old articles yourself.

Or wait til Tracy is one of the US Open announcers. She'll make mention of how hard she hit herself is Buid Ciollins or Cliff Drysedale or somebody else doesn't. This was a POWER hitter, despite a relatively small frame.

What next cirelowe?

Are you gonna describe Margaret Court as a 'speedy retriever with no power'? Or praise the awesome serve-and-volley game of Jennifer Capriati?

·
Registered
6,792 Posts
ooh yes, that should go in the collection of dumbass posts along with selesrules' post in the thread about Venus talking about Kim and Justine possibly being #1

1 - 10 of 10 Posts