Tennis Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the 3 biggest names serena, venus, sharapova will be out of the game in 2 months.serena and venus because they'll be retiring and want to continue to pursue fashion, sharapova because she has no interest and wants to get into fashion/acting id assume.

there is no tour after these 3 players. ivanovic is a choke artist, which hurts her when it comes to name recognition here in the states. i just continue to see it going downhill after these 3 leave the game, because nobody steps up.

·
Registered
9,996 Posts
:help:

·
Registered
29,563 Posts
No I would just say it's sick. All it needs is an injection of talent.

·
Registered
3,382 Posts
What a stupid thing to say.
Serena and Venus have a lot of determination. Both of them do pursue fashion, in their spare time.
And Sharapova? She's frickin' injured for goodness sake. If she wanted to quit, she would've done before she had the surgery.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
by the way i meant 2 years, not 2 months lol.

i just don't know who steps up and carries the torch. none of the up and comers are any good, not WTA tour carry the torch good.

·
Registered
18,514 Posts
by the way i meant 2 years, not 2 months lol.

i just don't know who steps up and carries the torch. none of the up and comers are any good, not WTA tour carry the torch good.
Michelle Larcher de Brito, Laura Robson etc. There are some young young players with promise. If Vaidisova and Ivanovic get their heads screwed back on, not all is lost. They are pretty, marketable girls with fun games to watch.

·
Registered
1,110 Posts
It's all relative. Compared to sports like gymnastics and figure skating, which like tennis are sports popular among women, tennis is still very much alive. The other 2 on the other hand, are on their last leg, at least judging by TV and media exposure in the US. Even though right now it feels like tennis is going in the same direction, the exposure and chatter usually picks up again in the summer, from Wimbledon to US Open.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts