Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 412 Posts

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is what some TF users were saying before the French Open. People comparing Swiatek to Nadal and Graf or saying that she's better than Henin. There's not much else to add. These comments speak for themselves.

Winning 10+ Roland Garros. You've heard it here first.
She'll be remembered as the female Rafa Nadal.
And to think, we could be in for years and years of these sort of performances from Iga. Clay season just got a whole lot better.
I’m going to guess that no one has ever entered the top 10 in this fashion before.
That was CLAY GODDESS level displayed by Iga.
CANNOT see her winning less than 4 - 5 Roland Garros titles with some of the displays she's managed to post on the red stuff over the last 9 months.
Shades of Steffi today on court.
Perfect strategy, perfect execution. Incredibly focused.
Winners flying left and right off BH and FH. Great defense. Perfect ROS. Good serving. Pure excellence.
Next stop: Roland Garros!!!!!!
Swiatek is pretty much near unbeatable on clay.
I mean... even peak Henin wasn't this good on clay.
On slower clay she´s almost unplayable, when on form.
The Women’s Clay GOAT!
Iga’s top spin forehand is the best shot in the Women’s game.

She is unplayable.
Only servebots who can also return aggressively could defeat her in this form .
Her highest level of tennis on clay is the highest in tennis history. Mark that.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, she is not. These people were just taking the piss. There was a time on TF when some people called poor Saisai Zheng the ultimate GOAT and better than both Williams sisters rolled in one. Pure trolldom.
hahaha
Those were good times. The Saisai GOAT narrative was priceless. The Queen of XWTA!

·
Registered
4,121 Posts
No, she is not. These people were just taking the piss. There was a time on TF when some people called poor Saisai Zheng the ultimate GOAT and better than both Williams sisters rolled in one. Pure trolldom.
So you are saying that in none of the examples provided the posters were being serious? I doubt that.

·
Registered
13,754 Posts
She is by far the best clay courter we have. Still has issues with nerves /tension ect but will iron it out with time.

Clearly very good on hard courts too and probs just needs more experience on grass.

Anyone with a brain or eyes can see how talented she is, plays with so much flair and loves to attack. People should stop questioning her potential, it’s pretty obvious her ceiling is sky high.

·
Registered
119,307 Posts
I was surprised so many people were acting like one slam win as a nobody is a big deal
Since Serena left to become a mom, Ostapenko, Stephens, Kenin, Swiatek, Krejcikova won majors, Vondrousova, Pavs and Brady made slam finals, and there is nothing special about any of them so far
None have shown they are long term top 8 players who consistently play high level tennis
Only Barty and Osaka have shown any consistency of the younger players and they have it much easier than the last group that is aging now
Much easier than Radwanska or Halep or Wozniacki or Azarenka or Kerber or Kvitova had it.
The tour is incredibly soft now, which is why I think there are 50 contenders, because anyone under the radar who gets a good draw and gets hot has a chance, even if they never are a true top 10 player
I always use Bartoli has a fluke slam winner who never was a top 8 player, highest rank 7 and that was for a short time
But now that kind of fluke slam is normal and so is having another slam run, even if your game is mediocre like Stephens or Ostapenko

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh... by the way... I forgot to mention the poll in the Eastbourne prediction thread. According to TF, Swiatek was also the favorite to win Eastbourne 😅😂🤣😂🤣😂

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
As of now:
Iga is a One-Slam Wonder (who just suffered 2 egregious losses (to Sakkari and Kasatkina)) who still has a lot to prove to show that RG '20 wasn't a fluke.
As of now, number of slams: Iga - 1, Ashley - 1.

So by that logic Barty is a one slam wonder too. But I wouldn't call Ashely this silly label cause I am not a clueless hater like some in this thread.

·
Banned
12,482 Posts
You have already asked that multiple times, and the answer will always be the same: nobody's. But if you need to believe the opposite, keep on obsessing, it's fun to watch! :)
You was here at that time you mentioned and not as a lurker. You had a account long before.

·
Registered
6,070 Posts
The OP is the most pressed and salty Iga hater who is actually a big Coco stan too.

That's a pity cause the majority of Coco fans and sensible people. But well I guess every barrel must have one bad apple.

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 · (Edited)
The OP is the most pressed and salty Iga hater who is actually a big Coco stan too.

That's a pity cause the majority of Coco fans and sensible people. But well I guess every barrel must have one bad apple.
You're clueless as usual. I don't like or dislike Gauff, but I am not a fan of hers. Even the most random TF user knows that my favorite player has been Kvitova for 10+ years. I wonder if there's anyone on the internet with a lower IQ than yours? I mean... come on. You're the one that compared Swiatek to Graf, not me 😂🤣😂🤣😂

Had you been around in 2011, you would know that many inexperienced TF fans were jumping to the conclusion that Kvitova was going to be better than Navratilova. I adored Petra, but never compared her to an 18-Slam winner because that was just nonsense after only one Wimbledon title. The same applies to Swiatek, her obsessive fans need to be called out for what they are. They can't just throw around clueless comparisons to Nadal, Graf or Henin after just one French Open title. It's pure stupidity.

1 - 20 of 412 Posts