Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

· Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's crazy - I'm a Jennifer fan, but bloody hell the USTA are desperate for her to win aren't they if they do that to her opponent!

· Registered
30,738 Posts
I think Ai and Kim have no choice but to pull out. I'm sure they would have loved to keep playing, but it's simply impossible to play a quarter final singles after finishing a 4th round match first and two doubles.

· Registered
24,565 Posts
Didn't Ai win two single and two doubles matches in one day last year?

· Banned
3,308 Posts
HOw come they still havent completed their second round doubles match when there are a few pairs who are alraedy two rounds ahead?
What a pathetic schedule the organizer has made!!

· Registered
2,745 Posts
I think we should cut "the organizers" some slack here.
the rain has wreaked havoc on the schedule. they are very very behind. scheduling one match at a certain time benefits someone to the detriment of another. its hard to make everyone happy. so ai and kim have to pull out of doubles, I don't think its the end of the world for them.... I'm sure Ai would much rather be fresh for her possible qf match with capriati...
there is nothing to be done now that the rains have wrecked the schedule. they could extend the open into next week, but that really louses up the tv schedule..

i'm sure "the organizers" are doing the best they can..

now, if they could only buy some TARPs.. we'd be impressed...

· Registered
17,738 Posts
Shes probably said its ok, but I think its disgusting how USTA are re-arranging the schedule to suit the american entrys. They should have finnished Kims match before putting Rodprick on.

· Registered
3,466 Posts
The schedule says that Ai is scheduled to play on Armstrong at 11:00, so hopefully the weather will hold. I suspect that she and Kim will withdraw from doubles. They would have too.

As for the organizers, I don't agree that they have done everything they can. The USTA has known that weather can play havoc this time of year, yet they continue to do nothing about effectively dealing with the situation.

· Registered
843 Posts
It's shocking how the no1 doubles team in the world is FORCED to withdraw due to poor scheduling! The scheduling sucked BEFORE the rain started, when they knew perfectly well rain was coming (there is this sofisticated thing called a weather forecast you know)

· Moderator - Juniors
12,961 Posts
i don't see why Ai and Kim have to play 2 doubles matches today - Ai is already the underdog if she were to face Jennifer, so why put her in an even worse position? She should have only be scheduled to play on of the doubles today, and then play extra doubles matches tomorrow if need be.

· Banned
3,308 Posts
I don't think thie Open is gonna produce a legitimate champion in either men's or women's.
I'm pretty sure because of the favrotism-based treatment the organizers are giving to the players, there's no room for fairness in this year's U.S. Open. They didn't nearly everything they could. They don't give a fuck about non-american players as long as they can see americans win the titles.
I don't think any other GS would give their own players such a biased treatment.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.