Tennis Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
303 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why did Sprem not play French Open Qualifying?

Did she not expect to qualify for this tournament?

She sounds like a great competitor!
:bounce:

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
When she made the main draw in Strasbourg, she had to withdraw from RG quallies. But, with the ranking points she's picked up so far and experience, this was probably the wisest choice at this time. Expect her Wimbledon maindraw now! :)

·
Registered
2,057 Posts
You'd like to think the Wta would offer a wildcard since she did have some good results on the challengers circuit. I mean it would have been good to see Sharapova, Harkleroad, Sperm, and Samantha Reeves, all future stars playing Grand Slams, I mean these are the stars of the future afterall.

·
Registered
1,992 Posts
maccardel said:
You'd like to think the Wta would offer a wildcard since she did have some good results on the challengers circuit. I mean it would have been good to see Sharapova, Harkleroad, Sperm, and Samantha Reeves, all future stars playing Grand Slams, I mean these are the stars of the future afterall.
Samantha Reeves? Wow, even I don't have that much confidence in her, labelling her a 'future star' like that.

You might want to check your spelling of Karolina's last name. ;)

She can't get in on a wildcard now. And I think some players in the qualifying draw would be pretty upset if she did. In any case, she can try Wimbledon in a very short time. There's really no hurry.

It's much, much more important to take her chance in Strasbourg. You never know when she will get that close to a title again.

·
Registered
32,804 Posts
I think staying in Strasbourg was the wisest decision after all :) She's in the semis and even if she doesn't reach the final....she'll still have more exposure this way :) ;)

·
I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
49,309 Posts
Yup, Strasbourg was the right choice. More points that she probably would have gotten at RG, and now she's direct admit to Wimbledon!! :bounce:

·
Premium Member
181,840 Posts
She had no other choice, she could NOT play RG qualies as she wasn't allowed to once she won her 1st rd match.

She's still not directly into Wimbledon, but most likely she will get in as she will be 1st in after any withdrawals, unless someone on the qualifying list for Wimbledon is ranked higher than her on June 9.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts