Tennis Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't ever recall so few people being logged in here. The place is basically deserted at the moment.
Did something happen or it's just the board dying its natural death?

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Think a few people are having issues loggin-in, if you go to mentennisforum, which was already not going through their best time, with the password issue now it seems like an abandoned place, some GS matches didn't even get replies.

·
Registered
12,994 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There were like 10 people in GM when I started this thread, I really don't think I've ever seen something like that.
It must have been a glitch of some kind.

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
I made some witty posts in the "skimpy dresses" thread but now I can't see that thread at all!
Also there is a thread with the same first post in general messages ("women's tennis is getting more physical) twice :confused:

·
Banned
4,739 Posts
I found the skimpy dresses thread, but it says the last posts were 16 hours ago when I posted in it a few hours back. Then when I click on the thread it says my posts were reply 89 of 88 and 90 of 88 :help:
I think something must have gone wrong with the board about 2 and a half hours ago affecting posts at that time and I unfortunately posted at that time :(

·
Registered
14,706 Posts
Yes something fishy definitely happened yesterday.

Didn't think much of it much cuz I wasn't kicked out when that was going on, but at one moment the forum was certainly not fully functioning.

It felt as if someone was busy tinkering in accounts or resetting stuff in the DB...

It also may have to do with TF recently hiring a new intern who likes to take shortcuts (look at the index page where new "admin only" chat threads are suddenly rearing their ugly head every new week)

·
пьяная в
64,978 Posts
I found the skimpy dresses thread, but it says the last posts were 16 hours ago when I posted in it a few hours back. Then when I click on the thread it says my posts were reply 89 of 88 and 90 of 88 :help:
I think something must have gone wrong with the board about 2 and a half hours ago affecting posts at that time and I unfortunately posted at that time :(
Yeah, in some threads you see "last post by Y" and when you open the thread that last post is missing :unsure:

And I also got quote notifications but when I open the thread I was quoted in, it's impossible to find the post in question :tape:

·
Registered
19,470 Posts
Yesterday I couldn't see any thread and any posts. Only the upper part of the forum.

This board is getting weirder and weirder day by day.

·
Registered
589 Posts
I don't ever recall so few people being logged in here. The place is basically deserted at the moment.
Did something happen or it's just the board dying its natural death?
When I got home last night, and tried to log on, my new, updated password refused to work. It had me wondering if admin had decided to reset everybody's passwords again... Anyway, I was tired and couldn't be bothered with trying to find a solution there and then, so I just decided to give up for the night and see if maybe the problem was some sort of temporary one that might correct itself by the morning, and thankfully it has.

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Really looking like op said these days... we are approaching mentennisforums' level of desolation

·
Good Luck Caro in 2019!
179,357 Posts
Some days here , early European time, there are only 15-20 members Online in GM, for me, for over 14 days the Forums has been very slow and it still takes about 10 secs. before it finished loading after every new thread i see...

Only 80-100 members in GM at big matches is also not normal, as just month ago...

·
Registered
27,727 Posts
Well, Vika Azarenka is pregnant, Maria Sharapova is banned because of Meldonium, Serena Williams doesn't play much outside Grand Slams, Ana Ivanovic is happily married, Petra Kvitova is as inconsistent as usual, Belinda Bencic, Caroline Wozniacki and many other players are struggling with injuries. I think quite large fan groups of various players are just more passive than usual.

·
Administrator
1,945 Posts
we're working on helping users back on the forum. If you don't think that its the cause of this lack of activity and it's something else, we could use some suggestions. Feel free to offer them up.

We're open to suggestions.

Lee

·
Registered
14,706 Posts
we're working on helping users back on the forum. If you don't think that its the cause of this lack of activity and it's something else, we could use some suggestions. Feel free to offer them up.

We're open to suggestions.

Lee
Get rid of the "news" frontpage. Or at least minimize it on the home page.

I suspect many who end up here may then go away without even knowing that the forum is the main part of the website (assuming that's still the case and wtatennis is not paying you more money to keep the forum hidden behind a wall of generic tennis headlines.

Long story short, to paraphrase Corey Lewandowski, let the forum be forum.

·
Administrator
1,945 Posts
We can set the homepage to update with more than just News stories. There is a section in the sidebar for Recent Discussions, but there may be another forum section that would be appropriate for adding a feed to. If we remove the News feed then that would be blank space that would need to be filled by something. Like I said, we can consider adding more options there after discussing with the mods, but we not be taking away that page completely.

~Sheena

1 - 19 of 19 Posts