Tennis Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

· Registered
47,657 Posts
Knizzle said:
............................3 GS holder to be #2?? Did Serena make history with this piece of trivia??
Must have, no?!

· Registered
7,256 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised. Babygirl is ALWAYS making history! :hearts: :worship:

· Registered
20,830 Posts
but then the worst thing was the wta made that happen and used the chronical injuries of the number 2 as excuse

a huge shame. there are laws again discrimination but it's good that at least martina took it. a swiss :lol:

· Registered
20,830 Posts
well they were not nice at all to monica in 93 then she changed citizenship and suddenly she got all the help in the world also rankingwise. of course it was a way to give monica the topspot back (they couldn't know about her injuries and problems)

as said it's not monica's fault either, not that all but that was the main reason why they changed.

· Registered
47,657 Posts
irma said:
but then the worst thing was the wta made that happen and used the chronical injuries of the number 2 as excuse

a huge shame. there are laws again discrimination but it's good that at least martina took it. a swiss :lol:
And now a Belgian is doing the same...at least this time it´s your fav who´s profiting.

· Registered
18,697 Posts
irma said:
well they were not nice at all to monica in 93 then she changed citizenship and suddenly she got all the help in the world also rankingwise. of course it was a way to give monica the topspot back (they couldn't know about her injuries and problems)

as said it's not monica's fault either, not that all but that was the main reason why they changed.
The advantages of being an American. :lol:

· Registered
20,830 Posts
the steffi-wta ranking story started in 86 btw. when they had find a way to keep nav and evert on top forever steffi protested and wanted to boycot and they gave in and changed it again :eek:

· I'm so current, I'm tomorrow.
48,281 Posts
Monica had 3 as well and was ranked #2.
1991 US, 1992 Aussie, 1992 French, yet at the 1992 US Open, was ranked #2 and had to win it to recover her #1 ranking. (Mind you, her results that span was 91 US W, 92 Aussie W,92 French, W, 92 Wimbledon RU, and she did W 92 US).

· Registered
20,830 Posts
in 91 monica won los angeles and then became number 2 because steffi was injured and could not defend canada and san diego

don't ask me about the logica in that;)

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.