Tennis Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,058 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IMO it can't be denied that she seemed to be getting distracted and/or losing some interest in tennis. do people think this most comprehsenive loss and increase in 'competition' will make her more determined or will it not impact on her outlook and future aspirations in regards to how long she plays for etc. considering that we already have lost hingis and kournikova at early ages i don't think the game can afford the willliams sisters to be retiring at 25.

opinions?

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
it would definitely force her to make a choice finally and sooner: tennis or other interests (whatever they are). I don't think tennis will be a front runner in that case...

·
Banned
5,063 Posts
It's funny because people make all kind of assumptions about them.

Why do people assume they've lost interest in tennis? They've been injured, + the death of their sister; it's the main reasons why they didn't perform as well in the last year.

From someone who was out for so long, so far Serena's results are amazing.

And losing in the Wimbledon final was hardly a good thing. It's difficult to accept that you were able to go all the way to the final to then losing in the final. If she currently lacks motivation, this lost will only make things worst.

·
Registered
21,902 Posts
Cool Canuck said:
It's funny because people make all kind of assumptions about them.
hasn't Serena said something like she's not all into tennis anymore?

·
Registered
19,362 Posts
I think it is good for tennis when there is more competition.

·
Registered
47,499 Posts
Wow, it´s scary to think what an interested Serena might do!! I mean, so far her results are pretty consistent. Yeah, she only has one title so far....

But this loss is good, because it might make her even hungrier. I take hope in the fact that I saw what happened the other time Serena lost a major final.

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
4,007 Posts
Not sure about the best thing to woman’s tennis, but it was kind of entertaining to see few Serena fans reactions whose “big balls” usually in their posting style hardly fit into my PC screen. :devil: :devil: :devil:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts