Tennis Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
Seles hopes to play in the US Open

August 01 2003 at 08:12AM

By Matthew Cronin

Carlsbad, California - Nine times grand slam champion Monica Seles, who has been out of action since the French Open, is unlikely to play again until next month's US Open.

"Monica Seles is continuing to work with her trainer to find ways to ease the pain in her foot and will continue to do so in the hope of being competitive for the US Open," said a spokesperson for her agents, IMG.
---------------------

So far so good - she does want to play. Dont know anything else other then what IMG has said here.

·
Premium Member
182,452 Posts
you think she will play without a warmup ??
i dont

·
Registered
4,845 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
i dont
Anything is possible. Of course its possible. And all I did was post a statement regarding what IMG released.

·
Registered
333 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,127 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
i dont
She played the French with basically no warm up so I wouldn't put it past her.

She has made similar crazy decisions about her scheduling in the past.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Venus would be playing the US Open w/o a warm-up, so why can't Monica do it???

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
Oh, and btw, it's good to hear Monica is even thinking about playing the Pilot Pen...She must be healing!

·
Registered
8,315 Posts
Monica should NOT play Pilot Pen. She'll have 2 rounds of low-end opponents at the US OPen before she faces anyone serious. That's not a lot of warmup, but it's better to take that than put 3-4 extra matches worth of stress on her fott the week before.

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
disposablehero said:
Monica should NOT play Pilot Pen. She'll have 2 rounds of low-end opponents at the US OPen before she faces anyone serious. That's not a lot of warmup, but it's better to take that than put 3-4 extra matches worth of stress on her fott the week before.
I agree, but if she's feeling 100%, I say go for it!

·
Registered
24,451 Posts
it's crazy to think that (all things considered) this may be a really good chance for monica to WIN. look at the top 10 who aren't injured, and then ask yourself-- "can't monica beat these chicks?"

361 Posts
Monica played the Open last year without any warmup. You guys have a short memory. This is a woman who can not play a tournament in weeks and comeback and make the quarters of a slam easily. She does it every time.

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
TheBoiledEgg said:
i dont
I'm going to be daring and say that Monica can WIN the US Open without a warm-up!!!!! :worship: :worship:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts