Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Patty has been around for a long time and achieved alot. Her ranking has dropped to number 16 partly because other players have come u the ranks. Does anyone think her career is coming to an end?

·
Registered
477 Posts
No she is just going through a slump,its no big deal every player has one,just a few are

zvonareva
jankovic
myskina{pretty long}
the list goes on..................................

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
4,044 Posts
I think so too, she might be in a slump, but seeing the competition for the top 10, I don't think she'll ever be top 10 again. These young girls are taking over. :)

·
Registered
10,513 Posts
i dont know... anyways... she's still believing in herself. but i just dont know just what her goal is for now. win another tournament? win a grandslam? be the number one?

·
All I want for Christmas is EU
36,719 Posts
Really depends how you define "on the way out". I interpret "on the way out" to mean close to the end of one's career. My guess is Schnyder will continue playing another 2 to 5 years so I would answer no to that. But her time in the top 20 may be coming very close to its conclusion, yes.

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
I can see her playing for another three or four years as a top 30 singles player, and a top 20 doubles player (with full schedule).

·
Registered
1,901 Posts
Although, in all fairness, she's only lost once this year to someone she really, REALLY was supposed to beat (Kanepi), and it was at Miami, probably (historically) her worst Tier I.

·
Registered
8,451 Posts
Although, in all fairness, she's only lost once this year to someone she really, REALLY was supposed to beat (Kanepi), and it was at Miami, probably (historically) her worst Tier I.
Bychkova? :angel:

Anyway Patty can be a consistent top 20/30 player so no she is not on her way out. :)

·
Team WTAworld, Senior Member
15,169 Posts
My heart :eek: :eek: The thread title is misleading. I thought you meant something else.
:lol: I thought the same thing ;) Although, Patty doesn't emit predlez vibes ;)

·
Registered
39,665 Posts
I think she won't return to the top-10 and will remain somewhere between 20 and 30, a bit like Sugiyama probably.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts