Tennis Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just beautiful attacking tennis like the Swiss nose and Ons’s movement is like ballet dancing a la Federer, just gliding around the court like a swan

She makes it seems effortlessly and her power and serve are deadly accurate.

The best part of her game is that she already knows what shot her opponent will play 5-6 ballstrikes ahead of the rally, which is what Federer’s mind is capable of.

Watching Ons is spellbinding

·
Registered
6,583 Posts
More like Benoit Paire, both ill disciplined and too many shots to choose from. Her ill disciplined is towards some fitness regime, while Benoit is attitude on court.

·
Registered
2,268 Posts
admit me too, i think she has something of Roger... the way she move on a court, agree with that idea of " ballet dancing "

great hand, she owns every shot : delighful to watch

but not agree for the mind... maybe more like Fed copy ( aka Dimitrov )

·
Registered
1,412 Posts
Ons plays more like Fognini

Muchova is closer to Federer

·
Registered
27,383 Posts
I agree re: Muchova being the more apt comparison. Both Muchova and Jabeur are great shotmakers anw. If only more young players were like them instead of just ballbashing as hard as they can.

·
Registered
84,287 Posts
?‍♀ ?‍♀ ?‍♀ ?‍♀ ?‍♀

·
Registered
14,604 Posts
Shes got a lot of talent and is a great shotmaker but her fitness and mentality are way below prime Federer. She wont be a top player with all the choking.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Pretty much agree with Ons comparisons to Dog. Erratic game styles but fun to watch.

There hasn’t been a female player like Federer. Ash Barty has similarities to him but they also have differences:
  • Good first and second serves
  • Topspin forehands
  • Slice
  • All court / surface game
  • One handed backhand
  • Fed game style more aggressive

1 - 20 of 27 Posts