Tennis Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
R.I.P. Thank you!
25,876 Posts
I think you have the answer in your post, GoMonica<br />She needs points for a high seeding at the French.<br />Everything she gets is added on, while from Hingis on down the other women are potentially vulnerable to slide down the computer.

Don't be surprised if Monica doesn't play anything except Asia after the US Open in 2002 too. Munich means nothing, because she has no intention of showing up there. Maybe Monica figures the early <br />season is her best chance at big points.

I was excited when she appeared noticeably thinner last summer. If she can pull a "Capriati" and win the Aussie in a shock, Seles is good enough to ride a tidal wave just like Jen did in 2001. It all comes down to fitness and confidence.

·
R.I.P. Thank you!
25,876 Posts
How about Dubai? She may like a chance to go to <br />the Middle East. I share your worry about Monica overdoing it. Better for her to drop an event if she's exhausted than play herself into the ground.<br />It's interesting to me that she's not in Sydney.<br />Guess she's using that week to practice.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts